Heresy!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopleaf said:
Recently I was out at a bar and a friend of a friend was going on and on to the waitress that Bud Light is the best beer made by man.

I don't know why it bothered me so much but it just did. :cross:

did you tell him, "Well, then me and my fellow brewers at HBT must be GODS!"

I'll drink Coors, Bud and Miller as long as they are cold and fresh. You can tell when the beer has been abused by geting too hot.

I love Miller Lite my LHBS charges $18.50 for a case of brown PET bottles and another $3.50 for the caps. I can buy a case of 16 oz. Miller Lite for $26. That means if I keep the bottles I'm getting a case of brew for $4. It's great for parties and hanging out around the pool.

But as far as drinking it myself, 1 Miller Lite and I've got myself a headache.

lol i still drink Natural Light and PBR on a regular basis (im actually drinking some nattys right now!) :D something about drinking beer out of a can makes it taste good to me. I also take Nattys or PBR on fishing trips, hunting trips or camping trips or any where really. its hard to drag bottles of homebrew around the yeast gets all sloshed around in the bottle etc and i dont like drinking my HB out of the bottles. (actually i dont like drinking any beer out of bottle lol i always have to pour it in a glass) Cans on the other hand ill sit and drink them right out of the can all day long :) i think cans get colder than bottles to.

*edit oh yeah the price of some micros is a little insane, i bought a 6 pack of a Hefe for $10.98. a freaking 6 pack!!! ( i admit they where great but) a little pricey for the amount of beer i drink. nothing like 10$ for a case of naturals or PBR! I will pay extra for sam adams though that **** is pretty goood and you can keep the bottles to!

I've definately become a beer snob in the last year. While I can understand how some of you all still have a particular love for something mainstream like PBR,or Bud I can't stomach the stuff myself anymore. I have drank one coors light in the last year, besides homebrew and microbrew and it sucked.

In fact I pretty much have one of my sons convinced that budweiser really is carbonated p!ss.

Regardless, if you enjoy it, drink it. And since I am not drinking it, there is more for you.

Don't get me wrong, when I was in college it was Busch Light because I could get a case for 10.50. Later it became the 30packs of PBR. Ahh good times, good times.

Reverend JC said:
My BIL drinks miller lite and loves the heck out of it. I have dubbed it "frosting" as it tastes alot sweeter to me than my old stand by...............coors light..................of course, talk about flavored water. i suppose that is why i add a bit of spicy V-8 juice to the beer. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In my younger days, I used to add two shots of 100 proof vodka and a couple dashes of tobasco sauce to an ice cold PBR. I called it the Pabst Blue Ball Buster and it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds. Of course, I didn't brew back then so take that with a grain of salt...

:cross:

talk about a red beer!! two 100 proof shots and hot sauce! LOL talk about a hang over cure! who needs bloody marys lol

I always through that making beer "light" defeated the purpose of beer. But I grew up was drinking mostly Dortmunder, Kolsch, and Schwarzbier.

cubbies said:
I am not going to sit around and tell people it is beer water, or that it is not really beer or anything else. To each his own. A good chunk of my friends cant stand dark beers, or overly hoppy beers. What is funny to me though is that when people start arguing which light lager is best. Going back to that bar I was talking about, you have a handful of people who drink bud light, a handful that drink Busch, a handful that drink miller light, and a handful that drink busch light and every now and then an argument will break out over which one is better. I always find that amusing because I would bet $100 you could pour each one of them in an unmarked cup and not a single one of them would be able to tell them apart.

A friend of mine used to work in a bar, sometimes they would run out of particular types of lager but they always had plenty of carlsberg, the boss had them just stick on the carslbergs on the taps and serve it anyway. He said it was funny watching people ordering say two pints of tennets, a pint of harp, a tuborg gold and two carlsbergs then take them down to their table and very carefully give each person there choosen beverage (which was all carslberg)......they never had a single complaint or pint sent back

Who are any of us to tell anyone else what we should like and drink. It's an individual thing and we shouldn't worry about what anyone else thinks.
I love a miller, bud, coors, molson, labbats or any other mega swill and I don't have to be in any particular setting to drink one.
I do find some taste (as little as it may seem in some) in all beer.

Back