Here we go!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belchar

Reaction score
Just pitched the yeast on my first batch of Mr. Beer (Yeah...I know...gotta start somewhere...) and now comes the waiting.

What I didn't expect was the nervousness right after putting it away to ferment. Is it going to taste like crap? Did I do something wrong? Etc. etc. etc... weird.

Anyhow...seeya in a couple weeks for the bottling.

:mug:

Give it a full 3 weeks in the fermentor and keep your temp consistently in the mid-60. The results will make it worth your while, I promise.

3 Weeks it is! My plan was to bottle and then keep it in the bottle for 2 weeks before the fridge, then another week in the fridge.

Thoughts?

Kurt

Give it a full 3 weeks in the fermentor and keep your temp consistently in the mid-60. The results will make it worth your while, I promise.

This, keep your temps around this (actual fermentation temp, not room temp) and you'll be happy.

I started with Mr. Beer too. It'll turn out alright. I don't recall any of my Mr. Beer batches going to waste!! Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You'll be fine as long as you used the flux capacitor properly. With out it, there's no telling what could happen. :D

3 Weeks it is! My plan was to bottle and then keep it in the bottle for 2 weeks before the fridge, then another week in the fridge.

Thoughts?

Kurt

You are on the right track with this. Be sure and keep your bottles at room temp (around 70 F) if possible, and 2 weeks should give you a decent amount of carbonation. Throw one in the fridge at 2 weeks to test the carbonation level, as this is the only way to be sure. Also, if you happen to bottle in 'bombers' 22oz bottles, add an additional week of bottle conditioning before hitting the fridge. Cheers!

Back