Helps needed on Mashtun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sublevel007

Reaction score
Why are people using fender washers for their conversion instead of flat washers? I cant find fender washers anywhere around here, only flat

As long as your o-rings seal properly I don't think it really matters what you use. I don't think there's any type of standardization to these builds, just functionality.

I am not sure but I think fender washers are flat washers but a little thicker and with a larger hole in the center. Whatever will take up needed space to make everything tight and leak proof.

A fender washer IS a flat washer with a large outside diameter (i.e. an overgrown flat washer).

Great, thank you guys, gonna jump on the snowmobile and head up to grab some of those kits with the flat washers in them as no one carries the fender's around here.

I'm also going to get a different o-ring. I'm not please with the quality of the one I got at home depot originally.

Good luck and happy brewing! Remember, theres no time lime winter for big ass stout!

Back