Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brackbrew

Reaction score
Getting ready to bottle the Fuller's ESB clone from CloneBrews (first edition) but I misplaced my book. Does anybody have it and can you tell me how much corn sugar (NOT DME) for priming?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm a little late to the party but the books says:

1 1/4 cups (300 ml) Munton's extra-light DME boiled in 2 cups (473 ml) water

I'm a little late to the party but ...

Me too, but what the hell.

esb.jpg

Interesting that the Kindle version where my data came from and the printed version you scanned use different instructions. Is yours the first or second edition of the book?

Only one edition, 1998, is listed. BTW, not a fan of the recipes in there. The grain bills are obscure, and the ones I made weren't clones at all. I made them in my "early days" - could have been me.

Only one edition, 1998, is listed. BTW, not a fan of the recipes in there. The grain bills are obscure, and the ones I made weren't clones at all. I made them in my "early days" - could have been me.

I see, you have the first edition. Clearly the authors have tweaked some of the recipes between editions, probably to address some of their first edition critics.

I have brewed 7 of the recipes from the second edition and all of them came out to style, tasted good, and were pretty close to their commercial counterparts. Three of them that I made (SNPA, Negra Modelo, and Heineken) to me tasted like clones. YMMV.

Back