Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeTee

Reaction score
Question for you all. I have a Marzen that I tried a new yeast with Safbrew33. After pitching, I read it is prone to not finishing. After two days of healthy airlock activity, it stopped at 1.02... 7 points short and it is disgustingly sweet. So I raised temps up to 75 and roused the cake. Still nothing. It's a traditional Marzen ale.

I also have a Hefeweizen bubbling with a WLP380 yeast. My question is, if I pitch the Marzen onto the Hefeweizen yeast cake, will it ruin my Marzen? I mean, I'm pretty sure it will change the flavor, but will it be disgusting? The Marzen is a simple amber color with slight caramel notes and a little roast/chocolate. I used Perle hops to about 25 IBUs. Not sure if this will be good like a Dunkel, or just taste horrible...

Great! Thanks a bunch. I think I'm going to let it sit for another week. If its still at 1.02 I'll drop it on the WLP380 cake. I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back