Help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevs15

Reaction score
I racked my Welch's grape juice wine from the primary to secondary. About two hours later I check on it and has bubbled up into the airlock! What should I do?? How do I fix this??!

chevs15 said:
Can you elaborate? I'm new at wine making....

Nothing more fancy than that, really. Take the airlock out (cover your carboy with some aluminum foil while your working), clean the airlock, use whatever you're using to sanitize it again, and put it back in the bung. Easypeasy!

Ok great! I won't wake up to a nice reddish Splattered kitchen??! Lol

no way to tell from our end of the screen. haha

How long did you leave it in primary? what size vessel are you using for how many gallons?
it all depends, but most likely it will be fun, perhaps its will bubble up again though

chevs15 said:
Ok great! I won't wake up to a nice reddish Splattered kitchen??! Lol

It's hard to know what's happening. If it still fermenting (which means you transferred to secondary too early), you might want to leave the airlock off and just cover your carboy's opening with some sanitized aluminum foil.

It was in the primary for about 10 days. I made a 5 gallon batch. I racked it from a primary fermenter into a 5 gallon carboy.

Back