Help with the Summer Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophy_Brew21

Reaction score
So I am currently brewing a Summer Ale, I think. I kind of made up my own recipe, and I would like some input. Because I am not sure what I have created here, and would like some help/input!

Grain Bill:
4.5# American 2-row Pale
1.5# Carmel/Crystal Malt-20L
1.0# Vienna Malt
1.0# Wheat Malt
2oz English Brown Malt

Mashed at 154ish for 60 min

Hop Additions:
0.5oz Citra (60 min)
0.5oz Amarillo (60 min)
0.5oz Citra (15 min)
0.5oz Amarillo (15 min)

then I am going to take the garnishing's from 3 limes, and add them to flameout.

I am using WYEAST 1010 American WHT

This is a recipe that I randomly put together while at a LHBS, so I have no idea if this will work for what I want or not. I am currently 20 minutes into the mash, and was wondering if anybody had some suggestions, thoughts, experiences, ideas? Thank you very much!

Sounds good. I don't why you would add brown malt but...since you are already mashing.... I would move one of your 15 minute hop additions to 0-5 minutes for some aroma.

I added the brown malt because I thought it was too low in color. But then later realized I would have been fine, but oh well. since 2 oz really wont do anything for abv or much for taste. Oh well, lesson learned, will have to change that for next time!

Thanks for the input

I just brewed a pale and used the zest of 2 lemons and a lime with my 15 minute hop addition. I sampled it today for the first time and while the flavor was there, it was a not as much as I would have hoped. I'd love to hear how it worked out adding them at flameout.

Back