Help with Some Co2 Questions Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomgnarkill

Reaction score
So I have these 2 regulators and was wondering which one would be better?
Also I have both Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs, I was wondering if I could run both off them with the same Regulator at the same time?
one more: The older Regulator came with these gas line hoses from a Coke Setup at a store. Can I still used them? Thanks

governor_dual_gauge_co2_regulator.jpg

20140604_195935.jpg

20140604_200055.jpg

20140604_200039.jpg

It all depends what you are going for I guess. The governor looks newer so may be possible that it would work better than the dual pressure since that one looks a bit older.

If they both work good it would really be personal preference which one to use.

As far as the different types of kegs, yes you can hook them up as long as you have the proper quick disconnects.

You will need to run a length of gas tubing from the regulator to each keg. The connection to the keg will be a quick disconnect and will be different for the keg types.

If you have a couple different gas lines for each type of keg you will easily be able to make something work. Same goes for beer tubing.

Sent from myPhone

Thanks Buddy. One more question sorry.
With the (Brand New)Governor would i need an adapter to run more than one keg?

Yeah you do. There is actually one on the middle regulator on your dual regulator. You could prob just unscrew it from there and add it to the governor regulator. Make sure to add some thread tape or other thread seal so it doesn't leak. Leaks suck!!

Sent from myPhone

As HH said, the gas regulator doesn't care if you mix different types of kegs. It's all the same on the gas regulator side. The keg side of the line has different disconnects for different types of kegs, so you'd need both (and switching them out while it's all hooked up isn't so convenient, as far as I know).

You do need an adapter to run more than one keg. The single regulator (Governor) will let you pick one pressure that all of your connected kegs will be at. The dual regulator will let you pick two (and you hook up kegs to one of the two pressures). If you want to hook up multiple kegs to any of those outputs -- the one on the single or either on the dual -- you can get a manifold to split the gas line to many kegs.

Again the Governor regulator is a single pressure setup. You will need a splitter so that you can connect to more than one keg. The second is a dual regulator, from the gas side the first one will control the pressure in one keg. The second (left) regulator has a 3 way splitter one it. All three kegs on this one would be at the pressure set on it.

One note. There are no shut off valves, so they would need have a gas line on all of them or you would have to cap off unused ones.

The Governor has a shutoff valve, though with only one output, that isn't super important. If you picked up an n-way manifold to attach to the Governor's output, it's very easy to pick up manifolds with shutoff valves, and I would do that.

Back