help with ipa hop schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason81

Reaction score
I have some leftover hops id like to use up and figued id get some suggestions from you guys.Gonna do a 5 gallon batch. This is what i have:
.5 oz cascade 5.0 aa
1 oz cascade 7.8 aa
.5 oz perle 8.5 aa
.5 oz citra 11.1 aa
.75 nugget 12.2 aa

thanks, i was also thinking to use the nugget for my bittering addition but i think id like to try to get my ibu's a little higher maby 50-65. I have yet to make any hop additions at flameout so i think i may try that this time as well

Throw the Perle in at 60 also and get another oz in a few weeks to dry hop with. Another oz of Citra perhaps?

thanks, i was also thinking to use the nugget for my bittering addition but i think id like to try to get my ibu's a little higher maby 50-65. I have yet to make any hop additions at flameout so i think i may try that this time as well

For more IBU's I would just pull the first couple of cascade additions in, something like this...

.75 Nugget (60)
.50 cascade (20)
.50 cascade (10)
.50 cascade (0)
.50 citra (0)

If you can pick up some more Citra & Cascade, I would suggest Dry Hopping with an Ounce each for a couple of weeks. :mug:

Back