Help with banjo burner problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblank44

Reaction score
Brewed my first all grain today. Was in mid boil and then suddenly my burner started to whistle and the pressure was very low and barely working. I checked to see if not enough pressure, wasn't it. Shut it off, regulator and tank and disconnected regulator to see if it was the saftey feature. Started it u and did it again. It's all hard plumbed to the same piping as the other. Tried other burner and worked totally normal. Continues the boil on that one. Tried the messed up burner again and same thing.

What do you guys think is going on? Orface problem? Burner problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jacob

I experienced similar issues until I read the instructions with my banjo burner. It said to turn the gas tank knob one full turn and then slowly turn the regulator on until it lights. at that point you can adjust the flame as needed (I do it slowly and don't even bother turning the gas tank knob again). No issues since.

I do that but this is a little more strange. Let me try to get a video soon and see if I can post it.

Back