Help on sealing fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortlover

Reaction score
posted this over in equipment, but I am pushed for time. Boiling now, and was sanitizing my 60L Speidel. The gasket seems like it stretched/grew. There is no way it fits in what I think is the right groove. Is the inner groove where it goes? Thanks!

Two points.
1- lf for primary and not doing pressure fermening, it will not matter. Only downside is that you cannot watch the airlock.

2- probably will fit, but if they are like the fermonster o-ring, then they are a royal b!tch to reinstall. Start on one side and slowy work your way around. It doesn't go all the way down nto the groove. If you try and sink in in the groove you will end up with a slight out-pouching that will mot seal.

Pic of lid with gasket. That gasket is loose in its current placement. No go in the inner groove

Attachments

• DE2CE644-BCD4-4BE2-944A-DCF820CBB2DE.jpeg
    DE2CE644-BCD4-4BE2-944A-DCF820CBB2DE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
I have fermenters with gaskets and fermenter without gaskets. Some seal so the airlock bubbles, some do not. They all make beer. If you can't get the gasket where it belongs, throw it away as it is causing you too much anxiety.

Most gaskets I encounter seem to be oversized. That one does look extra large, but try pressing it in at 4 evenly distributed intervals then push in the rest.
Search for how to put the gasket in a SS brewbucket for reference.

All good everyone. kept the gasket in the outer groove, and lid seemed to seal well. Was my first brew day of the this year, and was a bit behind the 8 ball. Peaked in on the fermenter this morning, and its bubbling away.

Back