Help me spend my tax refund!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that and knew exactly what it was. Still need help edumacating these youguns on Stevie Winwood.:D

Don't think I can help you too much. I am beginning to think my posts are invisible. I think I am going to change my username to bull8042_INVISIBLE and keep LG company for a while.

He may want to move up to 30 gallon boils someday

Damn straight. Only thing better than accidentally turning an amber into a barleywine is turning 216 22-oz bottles of amber into barleywine.

What, nobody wants to take a run at this one? Wimps.
I took a run with, just back from cleaning up!:fro:

OK, so I'm thinking $100 on the counterflow, $40 or so worth of barleywines, $10-20 on a 6 gallon Better Bottle, and maybe a 40qt stockpot for full boil, what, another $50-100? Or a small freezer and digital temp controller that I might later be able to turn into a keezer. What would that one run me?
Where did you see BB's for 10-20? I vote freezer for fermenting adn future kegging.

What's wrong with that.... He may want to move up to 30 gallon boils someday. Give him credit for thinking ahead.
Might be difficult in a 20G pot! You see, you need Basic Math 101 as a pre-req for Varsity. That is why you're on JV. hahahaa Shecky on the other hand got in on the grandfather clause.

Dang your speed Kabouter

I've heard of Winwood but if you are looking for a specific story or reference I am lost.
I guess I gave you too much credit.;)

"The Low Spark of High-Heeld Boys" is a 1971 song by Traffic, headed by Windwood, who at the time was in his late teens, I believe.

If you see something that looks like a star
And it’s shooting up out of the ground
And your head is spinning from a loud guitar
And you just can’t escape from the sound
Don’t worry too much, it’ll happen to you
We were children once, playing with toys
And the thing that you’re hearing is only the sound of
The low spark of high-heeled boys

The percentage you’re paying is too high priced
While you’re living beyond all your means
And the man in the suit has just bought a new car
From the profit he’s made on your dreams
But today you just read that the man was shot dead
By a gun that didn’t make any noise
But it wasn’t the bullet that laid him to rest was

If you had just a minute to breathe and they granted you one final wish
Would you ask for something like another chance?
Or something similar as this? Don’t worry too much
It’ll happen to you as sure as your sorrows are joys
And the thing that disturbs you is only the sound of

If I gave you everything that I owned and asked for nothing in return
Would you do the same for me as I would for you?
Or take me for a ride, and strip me of everything including my pride
But spirit is something that no one destroys
And the sound that I’m hearing is only the sound

That is realistic if you are planning to brew 10 or 15g batches.

Not a bad suggestion, but I'm probably gonna stick to ~5gal batches for the time being.

I had also been thinking of making small, 1-2 gallon all-grain batches using growlers for fermenters, since I'm equipped to partial.

Not a bad suggestion, but I'm probably gonna stick to ~5gal batches for the time being.

I had also been thinking of making small, 1-2 gallon all-grain batches using growlers for fermenters, since I'm equipped to partial.

I tried that early on for experimentation purposes. I got away from it for a number of reasons:

1-the time it takes to brew a 2 gallon batch was roughly the same to do a larger batch. So same time, less beer to drink=no fun.

2-the smaller batches were really hard to duplicate on a larger scale. So my experimentation was for naught.

3-It required me buying a lot more small fermenters which got expensive and now I don't use them anymore.

80 quarts = 20 gallons. That is realistic if you are planning to brew 10 or 15g batches.

Indoors?

Might be difficult in a 20G pot! You see, you need Basic Math 101 as a pre-req for Varsity. That is why you're on JV. hahahaa Shecky on the other hand got in on the grandfather clause.

Now that is some funny sheet right there!

I guess I gave you too much credit.;)

"The Low Spark of High-Heeld Boys" is a 1971 song by Traffic, headed by Windwood, who at the time was in his late teens, I believe.

If you see something that looks like a star
And it’s shooting up out of the ground
And your head is spinning from a loud guitar
And you just can’t escape from the sound
Don’t worry too much, it’ll happen to you
We were children once, playing with toys
And the thing that you’re hearing is only the sound of

The percentage you’re paying is too high priced
While you’re living beyond all your means
And the man in the suit has just bought a new car
From the profit he’s made on your dreams
But today you just read that the man was shot dead
By a gun that didn’t make any noise
But it wasn’t the bullet that laid him to rest was

If you had just a minute to breathe and they granted you one final wish
Would you ask for something like another chance?
Or something similar as this? Don’t worry too much
It’ll happen to you as sure as your sorrows are joys
And the thing that disturbs you is only the sound of

If I gave you everything that I owned and asked for nothing in return
Would you do the same for me as I would for you?
Or take me for a ride, and strip me of everything including my pride
But spirit is something that no one destroys
And the sound that I’m hearing is only the sound

high heeled boys??? that is some freaky sh!it your into..... and in 1971 my DAD was 6!

If you're not set on new stuff, you can watch Craigs list and usually pick up a freezer or fridge for vary little. I got a 8cubif ft on for 125 brand new. A couple got it for a house warming gift. plugged it in to see that it worked, then it sat in the basement for 6 months till i picked it up unplugged. Still had the Energy Star tag hanging inside

Indoors?

Now that is some funny sheet right there!

high heeled boys??? that is some freaky sh!it your into..... and in 1971 my DAD was 6!

I call BS or your membership here gets revoked for being underage! My brother was born in 79. he's 4 years older than me. He could not have a child old enough to drink unless he became a father at the age of 8 which means your dad would have been 14!

Ha Data is younger than I am!!!! lol

btw- Winwood is some good stuff you should look into it.

15 gallons inside would need either a good ventilation system or an electric rig running 240VAC. This could be done in an apartment (plug it into your range outlet).

I call BS or your membership here gets revoked for being underage! My brother was born in 79. he's 4 years older than me. He could not have a child old enough to drink unless he became a father at the age of 8 which means your dad would have been 14!

So that makes you 2 years old than me!

What, seriously? My dad was 18. I've been taking all kinds of **** from a preschooler?? NOW I'm pissed.

And your only 3 older!!!!

Bull, does it depress you that you and I are closer to receiving our AARP cards than these guys are to our ages?:(

I have never felt older than I do at this moment.

yea yea yea, im a youngin!! Go ahead I can take anything you lash out at me, prolly deserve it too :). Ive heard it before im sure.

Lets see my time line though
18-had a really good well paying job that for most would be a career and moved out of my parents house
20 bought a house
23 got married...........
yea I might only be 23 but ive done more by now then most people that are 30.

Ok, enough of me defending myself..... continue with the bashing :D

Bull, does it depress you that you and I are closer to receiving our AARP cards than these guys are to our ages?:(

I have never felt older than I do at this moment.

Well shecky, looks like it is just you and me brother....
Can I borrow your walker for a quick trip to the can?
Here....hold my teeth, I will be right back.

Hell, I wish I was as close to retirement as you guys!!!!

Back