Help me spend my tax refund!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, I know. It just starts to get under my skin after a while. :shrug:
Sorry, man. Take heart in knowing I love you.:D

I just want you to be smart with your money, is all. Student loans are meant to be chipped away slowly. Put that money in your savings account so you can buy a house and brew however the hell you want.

Bribes, eh? Fine, everyone who donated to my membership can PM me their address and I'll ship a couple of 'em when they're done. Under condition that they STFU afterwards.

No no. Not bribing you at all. I was merely offering advice with respect to this post:
Take that money and take the wifey out for a nice dinner, get her drunk, come home, take some pictures.....
I thought it might help with the "get her drunk" part.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. However, I really would appreciate advice on choice of barleywine. Considering the fact that I have never had one, which one would be a good example to try?

They can refuse to return my security deposit.
They cannot legally keep your deposit because you brew!!

And it might be illegal depending on the fire codes in the area.
How is brewing effected by fire codes? As long as he is just stove top boiling. It's no different than making soup!

I just want you to be smart with your money, is all. Student loans are meant to be chipped away slowly. Put that money in your savings account so you can buy a house and brew however the hell you want.
+1 for saving to buy a house! Screw paying someone elses house payment.

Meh, it's IP and Data that really know how to mess with me. :p At least you toss me a few easy ones from time to time.

And I'm saying, right after paying off a $3100 credit card, I think I'm ok in rewarding myself with a couple things I normally wouldn't be able to afford.

Meh, it's IP and Data that really know how to mess with me. :p At least you toss me a few easy ones from time to time.

And I'm saying, right after paying off a $3100 credit card, I think I'm ok in rewarding myself with a couple things I normally wouldn't be able to afford.

Yeah, that's me, Mr. Softball.:p

We won't change your mind, so go for it. Just keep the advice for future reference if only to delude us into thinking we helped when you announce you've bought a house.:)

Considering the fact that I have never had one, which one would be a good example to try?

Southern Tier has a nice one that is both malty and hoppy. I also used to drink the Barley Wine from Chama River Brewing Company in ABQ, but I hear they've gone out of business. Do yourself a favor and if anyone you know has a keg of it, bring a growler because you will want more.

I don't mean to get under your skin or even annoy you, it's just the sense of humor I'm used to using with friends. We harass each other nonstop. I don't do it to some of the old men on here (*cough*shecky*cough*) but you seem to be in the same time line as me at least :D

I agree about rewarding yourself. paying off $3100 is a good feat.

I can't believe everyone is still lecturing.... Burner, spend you money the way you want and don't let these old dudes :p tell you not to. I spend almost all my money on my house as well so I don't feel bad at all when I treat myself. People who aren't willing to live a little have less fun.

No digs, I just know what its like paying down a bunch of debt and wanting to finally get something tangible for yourself.

Southern Tier has a nice one that is both malty and hoppy. I also used to drink the Barley Wine from Chama River Brewing Company in ABQ, but I hear they've gone out of business. Do yourself a favor and if anyone you know has a keg of it, bring a growler because you will want more.

And then you go screwing up just BEGGING up to jump on you :ban:
Chama River was the first micro Brewery I visited when starting my traveling for work! ****ty food menu, decent beer that I remember. Lame Tshirts.

Just keep the advice for future reference if only to delude us into thinking we helped when you announce you've bought a house.:)

Eh, this is my "clear out some debt for homeownership" year. Next year is my "Throw my tax refund at whatever debt is left and save up a down payment" year.

Because, dammit, I want to be in a house before I'm effing 30. And I want to be in a house before I have kids.

They cannot legally keep your deposit because you brew!!

How is brewing effected by fire codes? As long as he is just stove top boiling. It's no different than making soup!

I thought you were talking about outside with propane.

and there aint no other love like shecky love!

Well ive said it many times before to many people. Im an a$$hole. Plain and simple im just a d!ck (dont get that confused with liking it though :) ) With me, either I dont like you and wont speak to you or im an ******* of screw with you if I like you. So take it as a compliment :mug:

I don't mean to get under your skin or even annoy you, it's just the sense of humor I'm used to using with friends. We harass each other nonstop. I don't do it to some of the old men on here (*cough*shecky*cough*) but you seem to be in the same time line as me at least :D

I agree about rewarding yourself. paying off $3100 is a good feat.

I can't believe everyone is still lecturing.... Burner, spend you money the way you want and don't let these old dudes :p tell you not to. I spend almost all my money on my house as well so I don't feel bad at all when I treat myself. People who aren't willing to live a little have less fun.

No digs, I just know what its like paying down a bunch of debt and wanting to finally get something tangible for yourself.

Slow down there, sonnies. I'm not in the grave yet. And IP, I think I've proved I can go toe-to-toe with the likes of you.:D

****ty food menu, decent beer that I remember.

They had a pretty decent cheese fondue. I actually don't remember anything else from their menu, and I used to frequent that place when I lived there.

Well ive said it many times before to many people. Im an a$$hole. Plain and simple im just a d!ck (dont get that confused with liking it though :) ) With me, either I dont like you and wont speak to you or im an ******* of screw with you if I like you. So take it as a compliment :mug:

He is right there. The bastid has never spoken to me, so consider yourself lucky! :D

Meh. Quit apologizing. It makes me look like a softie and gives y'all license to be all that more brutal, because, hey, you apologized. :cross:

I suppose I should have italicized old dudes for the desired affect. Just ribbing ya.

And Sheck, some people can pull off suede bell bottoms, never let anyone tell you you aren't that person.

I think I found an old pic of shecky.... Not too sure though.

superfly.jpg

And the bevy of mental images that will haunt me unto my death and thereafter takes on another stowaway...
Mission accomplished.

IAnd Sheck, some people can pull off suede bell bottoms, never let anyone tell you you aren't that person.
I won't. I'm tall, I'm thin and I'm wearing a rockin' pair of high-heeled boots.

For some reason, Stevie Winwood's voice is in my head. (Take that, you whippersnappers. Bull will get that reference, and maybe even BK).

Slow down there, sonnies. I'm not in the grave yet. And IP, I think I've proved I can go toe-to-toe with the likes of you.:D
haha, I'm the one trying to keep up. The old man line is just an easy one that's always on stand by. I'm the youngest in my department by at least 10 years so it gets used frequently.

They had a pretty decent cheese fondue. I actually don't remember anything else from their menu, and I used to frequent that place when I lived there.
Guess that proves the shotty menu if you frequented the palce and still don't remember anything.

Man Brownie, No Matter where you go, people (Shecky, Dataz, and I are going to hijack your threads!) Maybe just stick to posting on weeknights past 5 on weekends when we are not going to be brewing/browsing.:mug:

Man Brownie, No Matter where you go, people (Shecky, Dataz, and I are going to hijack your threads!) Maybe just stick to posting on weeknights past 5 on weekends when we are not going to be brewing/browsing.:mug:

WTF?!?!?! And I am not worthy? Dang, I am hurt..... I will have to be more abusive in the future....

WTF?!?!?! And I am not worthy? Dang, I am hurt..... I will have to be more abusive in the future....

Thanks, IP. Real great. Real, real great.

The old man line is just an easy one that's always on stand by. I'm the youngest in my department by at least 10 years so it gets used frequently.

Personally, I would not bring up that you are relatively young in a business setting. I have never found a time that it is advantageous to be younger than average. The only reason I made the joke here is because Shecky et al. researched my profile to find I was younger and called me out in some other thread.... he had it coming, I just waited a while.

I won't. I'm tall, I'm thin and I'm wearing a rockin' pair of high-heeled boots.

For some reason, Stevie Winwood's voice is in my head. (Take that, you whippersnappers. Bull will get that reference, and maybe even BK).
What, nobody wants to take a run at this one? Wimps.

yea spend your return getting barleywine

OK, so I'm thinking $100 on the counterflow, $40 or so worth of barleywines, $10-20 on a 6 gallon Better Bottle, and maybe a 40qt stockpot for full boil, what, another $50-100? Or a small freezer and digital temp controller that I might later be able to turn into a keezer. What would that one run me?

You are still on the JV team! See I can mess with you too

Personally, I would not bring up that you are relatively young in a business setting. I have never found a time that it is advantageous to be younger than average. The only reason I made the joke here is because Shecky et al. researched my profile to find I was younger and called me out in some other thread.... he had it coming, I just waited a while.
Then you have not thought of service jobs that require lots of travel and long hours. These positions are more often filled filled by young guys than older men with established families and home lives.

OK, so I'm thinking $100 on the counterflow, $40 or so worth of barleywines, and maybe an 80qt stockpot for full boil, what, another $50-100? Or a small freezer and digital temp controller. What would that run me?

I really hope you were joking when you said 80qt.

Back