Help me spend my bonus!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wables

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention, my employer bribed me $1,500 to get the Covid jab, and I'm sick of brewing outside in the winter. I think I have decided on a BZ 65L, with the rest of the money going to power, venting, taxes, etc. I have a space around 12 X 20 in my basement that I do all my fermenting and clean-up in, along with some generic storage shelving. The floor is concrete, half of the walls and the ceiling are unfinished, and two of the walls are outside walls, there is a laundry sink, and a floor drain. I am very comfortable installing wiring, plumbing, vents, etc. There is also a fresh air vent in this room.

Here is what I am thinking...one corner is right next to the laundry sink, and both walls are outside walls, so venting would be relatively easy. I'd like to put bathroom grade sheetrock on the walls and ceiling in the corner, and a powered vent right above the BZ. I'd suspend a pipe just below the ceiling and hang a shower curtain around the BZ, with some type of seal around the top of the shower curtain. Would this work, or is it overkill? Any better ideas on building a brewing room to avoid condensation?

Cheers!

Since I am so close to a sink, would I be better off with a condenser on the lid than an exhaust system?

I'll help. I won't even charge you for the experience... Ha ha ha ha...
Have fun with it for sure! Maybe some killer sanke keg fermentation equipment is in your future... :)

Cheers
Jay

I'd like to put bathroom grade sheetrock on the walls and ceiling in the corner, and a powered vent right above the BZ. I'd suspend a pipe just below the ceiling and hang a shower curtain around the BZ, with some type of seal around the top of the shower curtain. Would this work, or is it overkill? Any better ideas on building a brewing room to avoid condensation?

Cheers!
I think that's going to look like crap and not even work all that great.
I think a heavy duty range hood with exhaust would be fine, you may want to add an inline blower to the exhaust duct.

BTW My employer offered everyone $100, but then you had to agree to take any booster shots, I got the vaccine, but declined the bonus.

Last edited:
Back