Help me name my college homebrew business!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Book Money Brewing
Mid Term Blow Off
Backpack Brewdown
Brewing one gallon of beer aint sh_t but it's a start

Barley Legal. I can't claim it, as it comes from a (seemingly) dormant web blog from up here in Canada, but the young guys, not to mention some of the older ones, will dig that it sounds like the title of a nudie mag. The rest will just like the pun.

How about "1 2 3 Brew!"

Here's a logo idea:

123BREW.jpg

Here are a few others

"Now Go Brew It!"
"Brew It"
"Small Batch Beer"

(Btw, the domains www.123brew.com, www.nowgobrewit.com, and www.smallbatchbeer.com are all available... jussayin')

Some ideas:

FloridAles
Lightning Homebrew
MagicAle Homebrew
Sunshine Suds
Golden Draughts

Brewing 101
Popularity Kits
Saturday Night (or Knight) For Two
The Knight of Nottingham
Look! Sea Monkey Kits, Only They Aren't Sea Monkeys They're Yeast! And They Pee Alcohol!!!

You don't have to be 21 to buy home brew supplies, so you won't have to worry about what age the kids are. If a kid is interested in buying home brew supplies, I dont think that they would be doing it to get hammered, they'd be in it for the fun of brewing. Especially if your selling it in gallon kits, thats like 10 beers.
There are parties every for getting trashed, homebrew is for enjoying beer :mug:

I am wondering what you did and didn't like from the other suggestions. If there was a particular vein that you liked then we (I) could suggest other similar names.

Do you like the plays on the college names?
Do you like the cheap beer plays?

How would you describe your target crowd? "My average customer is.... their income is... their family life is... etc"

If you are just looking for quick and catchy I think that you have gotten a few replies that fit that bill. If you are looking for something else then you must have some sort of idea of what you are looking for.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you are looking for a bunch of people who may one day decide to go big themselves to outfit you with one of the big parts of a marketing plan. It is fun to add suggestions, but if you want more feedback we need a little more info on what you are looking for...

I am putting together a bunch of 1-gallon brewing and ingredient kits to sell at the farmers market and student marketplace at my university. I have recipes, equipment and ingredient kits put together there is just one problem, I don't have a good name! As a marketing major I'm a little disappointed I couldn't find a name but I figured this would be the best place to ask, so throw out any ideas!!! Thanks!

Also, if I use your name I will paypal you $20!!!

Based on your location of "orlando" in your profile, can I assume you're at UCF? Which farmer's market are you going to?

I am wondering what you did and didn't like from the other suggestions. If there was a particular vein that you liked then we (I) could suggest other similar names.

Do you like the plays on the college names?
Do you like the cheap beer plays?

How would you describe your target crowd? "My average customer is.... their income is... their family life is... etc"

If you are just looking for quick and catchy I think that you have gotten a few replies that fit that bill. If you are looking for something else then you must have some sort of idea of what you are looking for.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you are looking for a bunch of people who may one day decide to go big themselves to outfit you with one of the big parts of a marketing plan. It is fun to add suggestions, but if you want more feedback we need a little more info on what you are looking for...

Here are the suggestions i really like: Craft a Brew, Stealth Brewing, Magic Ales, Gal-o'-Brew. I'm looking for something short that has a unique identity that I can easily brand (logo, website etc.), my target market is anyone who is a bit intimidated by 5 gallon brew kits and would rather try it first or someone wants to try to home brew who enjoys beer, also college students and others with limited space. As for "Do you like the plays on the college names? Do you like the cheap beer plays?" not really because it is a little too much of a focused market and would rather is appeal to more people because I may be vending at multiple markets etc... I think I answered everything... also thanks again for all the input!!!

I would make it a company policy that everyone that doesn't have gray hair is ID'd and a picture of their ID is taken with a camera and kept on file for a period of time. Also I would only sell to those able to brew it legally, ie 21 or older.

I wouldn't even bother with the IDs. Perhaps on campus just for political reasons, but it is never required in any way, shape, or form to ID somebody for barley, hops, or yeast. None of those three are controlled.

To be perfectly honest, as a customer I would walk away from a business that was going to photocopy my ID. In fact, I have a time or two. For an upstart business, it'll be very important to not push anybody away. Copying somebody's ID is a good way to do that.

If you feel you need to check IDs, so be it. But I would strongly consider not going the other route. Just my two cents.

Back