Help me decipher my water quality report!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApertureBrewing

Reaction score
http://www.cityofnovi.org/Services/PublicServices/Utilities/WaterQualityReportCurrent.pdf

Well here it is. I am learning about water chemistry but the subject is still confusing to me. All the chemicals I read about people using here don't seem to be labeled on my city's report. Am I missing something?

I'm brewing a big 20 gallon double ipa tomorrow. The best way I can describe my water taste is "clean but chlorinated" for which I remove the chlorine/chloramine w Camden a day prior. Should I add anything else? I have all the chemicals and ph meter and stuff but at this point need some direction with this.

Tia!!

This is a water quality reporty, not a water analysis. You'll want to ask your supplier for the most recent water analysis. In my own city, they actually have a report specifically for brewing beer, with everything except the hardness as CACO3, which is in the main analysis. You might email and ask for the analysis that includes calcium, magnesium, etc.

Latest posts

Back