Help im losing CO2 and I dont know where from???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
So I have drained 2 CO2 tanks because of a leak but I cant seem to find it. It has to be from the tank to the keg cause the keg has a great seal on it and I changed all the gaskets on it before I set it up. My sister thought it would be a good idea to have a friend sleep in my room and I think they knocked over my tank and regulator and got it good so I got another regulator thinking that was the main issue but I guess it wasnt. Anyone got any ideas. Its a keg setup from the beverage factory. Its getting pretty expensive trying to find this leak and the thing is I dont hear CO2 draining. Seems like it takes a couple of days to drain so its a small leak somewhere.

check to see if you have a washer on your regulator. I lost a tank once only to find out I did not tighten the regulator enough on the tank.

Some regs have a quad ring as a permanent seal (TapRite for one). Try putting as much of your setup in a water bath as you can while gas is on. You should see bubbles easier than using the soapy water trick. My leaks have usually been the Quick connects at the keg or the pressure relief valve not sealing well.

good luck

I am having the same problem. How quickly is the tank draining?

The last thing I tried was filling the bathtub, and then submerging all of the possible source of leaks. I wasn't able to find any leaks, but I know for a fact that there is one somewhere.

So if you come up with any tips I'd love to know.

Back