Help finding Pliny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDBrewer

Reaction score
So I'm from Ohio but I have family living in Los Angeles. I've had them on a manhunt for the past couple of months searching for Pliny the elder. She was only able to get her hands on one bottle so far. Is there anyone from LA that would be able to point us in the right direction to a store that always has it in stock or does it sell out this fast everywhere? I really like this beer and would like to be able to stock pile it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nowhere is going to always have it on hand. Tell your folks to ask the staff. They often won't even put it on the shelves but will have a few in the back.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Check Russian river's Website. They have a list of stores that have their product. But remember that just because they have their product, doesn't mean they have pliny. I had to go on a wild goose chase around SD to the stores listed before I finally found one

In the past I've ordered it from MoreWines. Unfortunately now they will only ship you 1 bottle every 6 months, and even then you have to be put on a waiting list. It's a minor solution if you're a Pliny fiend.

Additionally you could always brew it and have gallons of it on hand.

I know of a few places in North San Diego County that have it every week. They usually get it in on Thursday, but it's gone by Saturday. They also limit you to one, used to be 2 bottles per trip.

I know of a few places in North San Diego County that have it every week. They usually get it in on Thursday, but it's gone by Saturday. They also limit you to one, used to be 2 bottles per trip.

it's the same thing here in Ramona,Poway and Santee ,,,,,,unless you are friends with the store owner and he might give you two

I never realized how hard it is to get. Makes me wish I saved the one bottle I had.

There's a little liquor store about 1/2 mile from my place that gets it whenever it comes to SD. They just got blind pig and it was gone the same day, and I was all booked up that day so missed out on it, so bummed. But I've been talking to the guy trying to get updates

My LHBS is selling the clone (5 gallons) for $60. I'm tempted, but I've never had Pliny. Is it worth it? I'm guessing it is...

My LHBS is selling the clone (5 gallons) for $60. I'm tempted, but I've never had Pliny. Is it worth it? I'm guessing it is...

It's a fine brew, But personally I wouldn't say it quite lives up to the hype. But I've heard it's better on tap and I would definitely get whenever I find it

I couldn't find it locally and went with the AHS clone and it came out fan-freaking-tastic!

Why would you want to save it? That stuff is great fresh! :mug:

Agreed, like most of the west coast IPA's it's not nearly the same when aged. I once lost a bottle in the back of the fridge for about a couple months, it was a completely different beer than the rest of the lot we drank earlier (acquired a couple days after bottling). Like it is fresh on tap at the pub.

Latest posts

Back