HELP! Don’t know what is going on!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Newman

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have attached a photo of my centennial hop plant which has recently started spouting new shoots at every leaf. I went on vacation and found some caterpillars when I got back which makes me think this has something to do with that... My question is WHAT DO I DO? Is this normal? Do I just train all the new shoots or just some of them? Any help would be great!
IMG_1532391747.416786.jpg

You can train a few but cut off the ones you don't want.
They look as though they need nutes. Give them a light dose of 20-20-20 fetilizer for starters to help them out.

You can train a few but cut off the ones you don't want.
They look as though they need nutes. Give them a light dose of 20-20-20 fetilizer for starters to help them out.

Do I train the highest ones or the healthiest ones? I live in Memphis and am having trouble balancing my water to make these guys happy

They are sidearms. The more you have the more you harvest. I strip my bines as clean as i can 3-4 ft off the ground for airflow. Dew and stagnant air will promote mildews.

Back