Help! CO2 leak trouble shooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domdom

Reaction score
HELP!!! Ive been kegging for two years and have started having issues with a leak in my co2 line. Ive tried spraying the connects with foamy star san and cannot find it. i have a 3 keg system in a keezer if that helps.

Possible issue: i did accidentally drop my co2 regular a couple feet. No visible or functional damage. Not sure how fragile/temperamental these are.

Any tips and techniques for how to solve the problem before i waste another tank of co2 is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Get a pitcher of water and submerge individual disconnects under water. Work backwards until the leak is found.

Good timing on this post. I had/had the same issue. Sull checking to make sure im right. Check your kegs. Im pretty sure that's where my problem is. I submerged everything in water and didn't find anything. I have several corny kegs. This one I've recently used twice and emptied my co2 tank both times. Time to rebuild I think. Any advice on how to check a keg to be sure?

Agreed, simplify, find a stable starting point and work outward.

I'd inspect all of the keg gas post O-rings as they're most likely to introduce a sudden problem with an otherwise stable system.
As for the regulator, I'd leak-check the gauges and their threaded connectors as they're the most vulnerable chunks of the typical regulator, followed by the bonnet (might as well spray the edges of that as well)...

Cheers!

thanks for all the advice.

Found the issue: i had a bad gas in connector that wasnt fitting tight. It works fine normally, but the gas line was twisted/pushed in a way that made it leak. I tested in on other kegs and it did the same thing the line was pushed. threw it out and replaced with a better fitting connector. Hopefully that's the only issue but am going to check on it a few times a day.

Back