Help!!! Beer forced through gas line/regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddiewould

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Made a silly mistake this evening - after 48hrs at 30PSI initial force carbing, I backed the pressure back down to 12PSI to complete last 25% of carbonation.

Problem is, I wasn't thinking and so instead of using the pressure-release-valve on the keg, I used the PRV on the regulator. Obviously beer was pushed back through the gas line, and some sprayed out from the regulator.

:mad:

I disconnected the gas line from the keg and pushed my finger on the inside of the gas quick disconnect, which forced out all the visible beer.

1) Is my regulator going to be ruined? Anything I can do to prevent it being ruined?
2) What do I do about my gas lines? Do I need to replace them? :confused:

Cheers,
Eddie

first - RDWHAHB.

You can flush out your gas lines with water or starsan, and take apart your regulator - its relatively simple, if it is one that can't be disassembled, you could run some water through it, not great for it but better than beer drying up in there and would at least keep it from getting too sticky. i did this on an old regulator about 6 years ago...still works fine to this day.

I just added a T line to hook up 2 kegs and kegged some cider in my new 2nd keg. I filled it up over the gas tube not thinking much of it and the cider backed up on me. Some went into my porter in my other keg. I'm going to run water threw the line now. I've been working on this all day. I poured the cider until it's below the gas tube. I'm running 12 psi. What a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well that's done. Time to turn in. When I took the line out I noticed I forgot to turn the pressure on from my co2.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back