Hello!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carguy13

Reaction score
Hello from California. I am extremely new to the home brewing scene. Currently I don't have a brewing setup. I am here to gather as much knowledge as possible before diving into the scene and hopefully make some friends as well. I'm looking at getting my first setup for Christmas. Thanks for letting me join the board! I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Welcome.
Read the threads on this board, maybe watch some youtube and figure out what you want in your kit.
I don't think any of the kits come with sanitizer, just no rinse cleaner so you will want to order starsan with whatever you get.
In the mean time, start saving bottles!

I educated myself for 2 months before diving in. Worth the time.
Read posts here, people's successes and failures, the wiki, recipes
YouTube for DIY money saving projects (MLT tun, wort chiller, etc.).
Recipe sharing sites (hopville, beersmith, etc.)
John Palmers free e-book: http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/index.html
Tinker with this free brewing software: BrewTarget

wow! thanks guys for all your help. i'm sure i'll be asking a ton of questions as soon as i get my kit. for no i'll just lurk around and read as much as i can.

carguy13 said:
Hello from California. I am extremely new to the home brewing scene. Currently I don't have a brewing setup. I am here to gather as much knowledge as possible before diving into the scene and hopefully make some friends as well. I'm looking at getting my first setup for Christmas. Thanks for letting me join the board! I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Congrats me and my wife are new to the scene also on saturday were going to bottle out first batch a belgian style tripel. Go to your local homebrew shop see if they have a class you can take. The one we took was fun and informative. Good luck and have fun

holy crap. i just got back from my local home brew shop! I couldn't stop myself... i left with this.

705104_3528252063429_1782752646_o.jpg

I got the Bavarian Hefeweizen for my first batch... I'm excited.

Congrats me and my wife are new to the scene also on saturday were going to bottle out first batch a belgian style tripel. Go to your local homebrew shop see if they have a class you can take. The one we took was fun and informative. Good luck and have fun

awesome idea, i'm going to their class next week. awesome!

Back