Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodneyfaile

Reaction score
Just started brewing with the Mr. Beer kit. Just made my second batch, an Irish Stout. There are lots of craft beer breweries and craft beer stores around me, but no home brew suppliers. Guess I'll be ordering off the internet once I advance beyond the Mr. Beer level. I like the set up Alton Brown used in his beer brewing episode.

Not from Charleston Rodney but welcome to HBT! Great site, tons of good info here and plenty of experienced brewers to help you out. :mug:

My goal is to learn to make a really good very hoppy IPA, and a sweet high gravity porter with serious flavor. I'm guessing it will take a while to work up the skills for that.

Mt first home brew. I expected it to be bad, but its pretty good! I could get used to this!

582012_261567767289078_1399020824_n.jpg

Welcome to HBT and homebrewing. I live in Summerville, SC. I feel your pain with no local home brew store (LHBS) in the Charleston area. There are some great ones online that I order from. You just have to plan ahead a bit. I typically order from either Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer, or Brewmasters Warehouse. Although I hear that Bottles in Mt. Pleasant is now carrying some homebrew stuff. I haven't been there yet to verify though. Also, I hear that Holy City Brewery will sell you ingrediants to make their beer. But you need to be an all-grain brewer. Cheers!

Welcome to HBT and homebrewing. I live in Summerville, SC. I feel your pain with no local home brew store (LHBS) in the Charleston area. There are some great ones online that I order from. You just have to plan ahead a bit. I typically order from either Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer, or Brewmasters Warehouse. Although I hear that Bottles in Mt. Pleasant is now carrying some homebrew stuff. I haven't been there yet to verify though. Also, I hear that Holy City Brewery will sell you ingrediants to make their beer. But you need to be an all-grain brewer. Cheers!

I just got some supplies from Chris at Holy City.

Here is a list of what Holy City was selling.

Grain $1.50/lb
2 Row Pale
Carahell
Light Wheat
Roast
Carafa II
C15
C20
C40
C60
Special B

Hops $1.00/oz
Summit
Nugget
Cascade
EKG
Northern Brewer
Hallertau Mittlefruh

Yeast $7.00/vial
California Ale
British Ale
Dry English Ale
East Coast Ale
London Ale
Edinburgh Ale
German Ale/Kolsch
California Ale V
American Ale Blend
Cream Ale
Super High Gravity
Trappist
Abbey
Belgian Ale
Belgian Ale Blend

I have a stout in the fermenter now, but when that is out, I'm gonna use what he gave me to make a really hoppy IPA. (summit and cascade hops) He also said that Bottles in Mt. Pleasant sells homebrew supplies. I'll check it out this weekend. I see a lot of stuff on Amazon too.

Got it. In my opinion it is a BIG jump from Mr. Beer to all-grain. But, it definitely can be done. Make sure you do your research on it. :) probably gonna have to drop a bit of cash too! :cross:

Good luck!

:mug: Master Chief!

Definitely a few bucks to get set up but the good thing is none the items are super expensive. The heart of my set up 10g round cooler MT, 8g HLT, 2 SQ-14 burners, and a keggle was around $200. At least that's what I tell my wife!:D

Back