Hello!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgneric

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm brand spankin new to brewing but not new to drinking craft brews.
I received a Mr. Beer kit for xmas and am eager to get into everything.
I just started my first batch which is a bit different from the recipes in the kit.
1 Pale Ale HME
1 Pale Export UME
1 pkt booster
2oz Saaz Pellets, added during last few minutes of wort

I believe based on the book it came with that it'll top out around 6% and hopefully I'll be able to keep my relatively chilly apt warm enough for fermentation.

I also purchased Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher.

I'll be spending much time lurking these forums.

Eric
Buffalo, NY

Welcome. You'll soon find that there is a big world of homebrewing beyond that Mr. Beer. I'm sure it makes a fine beer, and a lot of the experienced brewers here started with one of those.

As you spend some time on this forum you'll see pictures of brewing apparatus that will make your head spin (with envy and ideas of your own expansion). You'll also see all kinds of new terminology, much of it regarding all-grain brewing. Just ease your way into it with your Mr. Beer, keep studying this site, and keep improving your process and equipment.

Good luck and see you 'round the campus.

Welcome aboard. I started with the same kit in the kitchen, and then full boil outside, and then all grain, and like "passedpawn" says, you may just get bigger and better from there. My next move is to build a shed and go all electric BIAB. Your cilly apartment may be perfect fermentation temps. Theres a sticky for Mr Beer kits on the "beginners brew forum", read ,learn and enjoy. Cheers:D

Back