Hello, I'm a First-Time Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck2705

Reaction score
I am new to home brewing, my first batch is in the secondary fermenter and I bottle this weekend for the first time. I have found this site extremely helpful, especially with regards to cleaning and sanitizing. Home brewing allows me to spend time with my family at home and learning the process of brewing, two things I enjoy a great deal. Alright, back to the NCAA basketball tournament with a bottle of my friend's home brew porter.

Good job on your first brew - you can't say enough regarding sanitation. I'm watching the UMICH - SDST game enjoying a nut brown ale from one of the 3 taps on my kegerator. My cherry stout is on, still conditioning but I had to sample it as well.

Enjoy your brews, family and the games!!!

Cheers!

Yup, good job on the brew !

I'm watching hockey.. montreal vs NY enjoying a belgian wit of my own.

I find, too, that homebrewing is good to the family. In fact, my kids love to come stir the "grain soup" with daddy ;)

Cheers !

Congrats and welcome from CO!

Sanitization is the most important skill, then controlled fermentation. You're on your way to great beer!

Black said:
Yup, good job on the brew !

I'm watching hockey.. montreal vs NY enjoying a belgian wit of my own.

I find, too, that homebrewing is good to the family. In fact, my kids love to come stir the "grain soup" with daddy ;)

Cheers !

I agree, my daughter helped me with the initial wort and racking to the secondary fermenter. Both kids are looking forward to bottling this weekend, probably so they can use the capper.

I agree, my daughter helped me with the initial wort and racking to the secondary fermenter. Both kids are looking forward to bottling this weekend, probably so they can use the capper.

hahaha yeah I think they are more interested in playing with the grain mill than the real brewing, but they end up helping me and not complaining so.. :ban:

Cheers !

My daughter always helps me brew....oh wait, she's 30 years old! Need I mention she helps me drink it too....:tank:

Back