Hello, Hello, please be seated...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scout2482

Reaction score
Got turned onto this site last weekend after frantically searching why my OG was so high on the Russian Imperial Stout I just finished. First reading was at 1.118. Recipie called for 1.093. Filtered the wort before taking a reading and added some top water and got it down to 1.110. I can live with that. Found a lot of good information and spent the rest of my Sunday night reading.

I started home brewing last August after months of preparing. I would have started sooner but its hard to get yeast in Iraq. I am in the Army and have been for going on 12 years. I got turned on to home brewing by one of my Soldiers. After being with the same group of guys nearly every waking hour on patrol you tend to talk about everything. Home brewing came up in a converation one day and I was fasinated. Hook, line and sinker I was in. Started downloading books, podcasts and videos from the web and totally emersed myself in the hobby without actually doing it. I really enjoy it. Why I havn't found this site earlier I have no idea, but anyways I am here.

Right now I just started brewing mini-mashes. Slowly peicieng together an all grain system as well as a keg system. I the primary I have an ESB and the Russian Imperial Stout. My first two mini-mashes.

Look forward to the interaction. Scouts OUT!

Thank You for serving, your sacrifice is greatly appreciated. Welcome to Home Brew Talk and the passion of home brewing. Lots of good information and great people here, there are some real experts around that can answer questions and provide tips and insights. The search tool is a good way to start for many answers, but don't hesitate to ask...

Welcome!!!

Back