hello guys a question if you don't mind

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have not brewed in a LONG time. I wrecked a motorcycle last summer and although VERY minor my shoulder was messed up enough that carrying full carboys seemed like a bad idea. I have a batch of ODE TO ARTHUR in a bucket in my ferment room that has sat there unmolested this entire time ( well over a year). I also have a batch of apple cider I made months ago in glass.... what are the odds the Ode to Arthur is still good? I know to taste it, I just havent done that yet..ALSO I may have some big carboys to trade for some buckets depending on how my shoulder takes it..

Both the batches of Ode to Arthur that I made (way back before I quit brewing the first time) got infected. If your odds balance mine out, it'll be fine.

I don't think it'll be fine though. Sorry to hear about your shoulder - I wrecked my bicycle running the dog this summer at a pretty high rate of speed (so pretty minor as well, compared to a motorcycle) and my shoulder hasn't recovered yet. Best of luck.

Depending on where its sitting, perhaps pop it open and dip a sanitized ladle or glass in there to taste it? Then you know whether to carry it to the kitchen or bathroom.

Sorry to hear about the injury..

At this point, probably the best thing you can do is taste the brew. If it tastes good, then recruit someone to help you move it and bottle it.

I do not like lifting big glass carboys. They are all in milk crates but they do weigh a lot. I use buckets for most of my beers, but i brew a lot of sours and brett beers, so they go in glass.

Do what works for you.

Crazy. Only reason I clicked on this was because it was YOU and you were posting in Beginners.

It'll be fine if there was an airlock on the carboy. If there were air leaks (e.g., the airlock was dry) maybe not so good.

Glad to hear you healed from the injury. I wonder how may of our members die and their online lives just slowly, silently descend into the depths of this fathomless forum.

when I say I wrecked the bike.. that is a way over exaggeration. I LITERALLY Fell off of it. I ride a Roadstar.. about an 800 pound bike I think. I was coming out of a gravel driveway uphill and stopped to look for traffic. When I put my foot down, the side of the drive sloped off so there was no ground under my foot. body slammed me HARD onto my right shoulder and ribs. me weighing about 320 plus the bike sent me to the emergency room.. nothing broken according to the doctor but its been over a year and my arm still aches and goes numb. I have an empty 6 tap kegerator and a ton of ingreients.. I need to brew some beer. I think a blond first,,,,easy and quick. Gonna persue no chill because my immersion chiller sucks.

when I say I wrecked the bike.. that is a way over exaggeration. I LITERALLY Fell off of it. I ride a Roadstar.. about an 800 pound bike I think. I was coming out of a gravel driveway uphill and stopped to look for traffic. When I put my foot down, the side of the drive sloped off so there was no ground under my foot. body slammed me HARD onto my right shoulder and ribs. me weighing about 320 plus the bike sent me to the emergency room.. nothing broken according to the doctor but its been over a year and my arm still aches and goes numb. I have an empty 6 tap kegerator and a ton of ingreients.. I need to brew some beer. I think a blond first,,,,easy and quick. Gonna persue no chill because my immersion chiller sucks.

I know you have a son and some help, but if you want a partner for a few brewdays drop me a message. My brother joins me sometimes and it is fun to brew with a wingman occasionally. There is also a new brew club that meets at Moeller Brew Barn on the second Sunday of each month. You don't have to stress the shoulder out all by yourself. :)

When you fall like that your whole body takes a big hit, especially the vertabra and it's attached ribs. When I managed to pull one of my ribs out of place my arm ached and it hurt to try to raise it above my shoulder level. I complained to my chiropractor and he worked on that rib. Within a couple days the ache went away and I could reach as high as I wanted. It might be worth your while to see a chiropractor and explain what you did and where you ache,

I know you have a son and some help, but if you want a partner for a few brewdays drop me a message. My brother joins me sometimes and it is fun to brew with a wingman occasionally. There is also a new brew club that meets at Moeller Brew Barn on the second Sunday of each month. You don't have to stress the shoulder out all by yourself. :)
where is moeller brew barn? And a brew partner would be great. My wife helps sometimes. I actually have 2 xons but neither live at home.

where is moeller brew barn? And a brew partner would be great. My wife helps sometimes. I actually have 2 xons but neither live at home.

Moeller Brew Barn
8016 Marion Drive
Maria Stein, OH 45860
Contact Us at (419)-925-3005
[email protected]

The club meeting is moved this month to Saturday, Nov. 7th. They are meeting at one of the member's homes and brewing. If you want to go, I'll send you the contact information for the host. I can't go this month due to my daughter's birthday, but brew days with the club are a great time.

Back