Hello from Yorktown, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berettajb

Reaction score
Hello - pretty new to homebrewing, and wanted to introduce myself. I started homebrewing a couple months ago (Nov), and found a lot of great info on this site - from help for my airlock-exploding initial fermentation, to help with keg-mod ideas. I have 2 extract batches under my belt - a dry stout, and a bavarian hefeweizen, and am getting gear together to start moving up to all-grain. I bought a keg a couple days ago (yes, legally), and am busy now trying to "pimp it up". I've gone to one of the local micro-breweries a couple times (great bunch of guys there), and I'm going back this Thursday to check out a local homebrew club. Anyways - hope to meet some other local Hampton Roads brewers out there!

Welcome from an ex Yorktown resident! Had to move away in 2003 because my job went south of the border, stuck in Michigan now :(

Sure do miss Tidewater a bunch. I used to live in Tabb just below Poquoson. Do me a favor and have some flounder and crab cakes for me!

Howdy from Richmond!! Used to live down in Newport News during those vital growing up years, nothing like living close to the water when your 13-15 years old!:rockin:

Been into brewing for ummm 10 years or so, started with the infamous Mr Beer, quickly moved into extract brewing and more recently mini-mashing. As soon as I can find a used keg I'll be going into full blown AG. I can't wait, nor can my wife (just to get me out of her kitchen!)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back