Hello from WY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSCparrothead

Reaction score
Looked at this forum for a little while, been brewing for about 4 months now. Dont know how many batch's I have already but a few....right now I have 15 gallons going and today going to start another 5 gallon batch. Everything I have done so far is pretty simple, I just building a new house and the new one will have a full bar and a climate contol brew room so I will start going nuts in that place.

From my knowledge not to bad alot of brewmaster premeasured kits and has alot of bulk malt extract, and grains.

Every thing i have gone in there looking for he has.

I am in Cheyenne, I was very skeptical on if I would like it here when I moved here but its very nice here. I was born and raised in San Diego and left there at 18 and went to Santa Barbara for 12 yr then here so after living on the coast of California I was pretty sure I would not like it here. Been here just over a year and its awesome, I do not want to leave.

From my knowledge not to bad alot of brewmaster premeasured kits and has alot of bulk malt extract, and grains.

Every thing i have gone in there looking for he has.

I live about a hour and a half from Cheyenne , this may be the closes HBS . What is the store name?

I also live in Cheyenne. This place really is the "pothole" of the planet, LOL. I've lived here for 8 years now so Im allowed to complain right? I really do like our HBS though. It's a great little homey small town shop that's jam-packed full of ****. Im still fairly new to brewing so would definitely like to find a few more brew partners. Easy going all!

Glad to see some other folks here on this board from Wyoming! I'm new to brewing to. I have only 5 batches under my belt but they've all turned out solid. I live in the SW corner of the state. Planted my first hops Sunday. Any of you guys growing here in the state?

I have been here almost 2 yrs and I actually love it, I just built a house in the Dakota Crossing area. I agree the home brew store here is very cool, I believe the name is Depot Street Merchants (sorry it took so long Wyobow).

I have thought about growing hops but havent got that much into it yet.

I also live in Cheyenne. This place really is the "pothole" of the planet, LOL. I've lived here for 8 years now so Im allowed to complain right? I really do like our HBS though. It's a great little homey small town shop that's jam-packed full of ****. Im still fairly new to brewing so would definitely like to find a few more brew partners. Easy going all!

What kind fo beers your brewing?

Good timing FSCparrothead,headed that way in a few hours.I may stop there as I was just getting ready to make an order anyway. Thanks.

Nice, he has wierd hours usually only a few hours a day. I plan on going in there later today or tomorrow I need to pick up another batch or two to brew.

Is this the "It's cool to be from WY" thread? I was in VA and I had to show my ID. The guy didn't believe it was real. He stated that no one really lived in WY, but instead it was a just an area the Gov't used for testing as you "never" meet someone who lives in WY. My wife had the same issue trying to get into a bar in NY. She had to show the guy her license plates on her car as additional proof. :)

I'm up in Gillette. I'm still pretty new to brewing, but a shout down to you guys down south!

Untill I moved here I had no idea where wy was or whatever.......But I actually really like it here.

Compared to San Diego and Santa Barbara its cheap as hell.......

As far as Montana......not sure if i will ever make it there so i will never know...to each there own....hell even in San Diego most the mexicans claim its better in mexico but they never want to leave....

They say home is where the heart is. It doesn't matter if yours is Montana, California, or New York. It's all good! Mines in Wyoming. Always has been and always will be! There's something special about this place that most people will never understand, and that's just fine with me!

Happy Brewing!

FSCparrothead said:
What kind fo beers your brewing?

Im currently pushing out extract kits. I have a Black IPA in the primary and a Honey Hefe in the secondary. Im about to brew a couple 1 gallon batches of mead also. I want to move up to all grain very soon. Im building a brew keggle currently, and am trying to acquire a cheap MLT. What about you?

FSCparrothead said:
Nice, he has wierd hours usually only a few hours a day. I plan on going in there later today or tomorrow I need to pick up another batch or two to brew.

Ya he does have weird hours. But he's a really cool dude. He works for the railroad full time and runs his brew business after work and on saturdays. I was actually in there again today picking up a new hydrometer (dont set carboys on hydrometers) and some mead yeast. He actually has very comparable prices when it comes to buying online. I definitely shop there any chance I get. There's just something about the hometown local business that the internet can never compete with....

Ya he does have weird hours. But he's a really cool dude. He works for the railroad full time and runs his brew business after work and on saturdays. I was actually in there again today picking up a new hydrometer (dont set carboys on hydrometers) and some mead yeast. He actually has very comparable prices when it comes to buying online. I definitely shop there any chance I get. There's just something about the hometown local business that the internet can never compete with....

I agree I buy everything I can from him. I feel its always better to support local small business the big guys will get money either way.

Im currently pushing out extract kits. I have a Black IPA in the primary and a Honey Hefe in the secondary. Im about to brew a couple 1 gallon batches of mead also. I want to move up to all grain very soon. Im building a brew keggle currently, and am trying to acquire a cheap MLT. What about you?

I do a bit of every thing, mainly extract but have done a few all grain batchs also. I know some people prefer all grain but I dont prefer either I just brew what ever sounds good at the time.

I have a lemon honey brew that I do from scratch and still trying to perfect it. I just cracked open a batch of dunkelweizen that I brewed up for my GF dad. He is over in germany right now and moving back to the states in a few weeks.

Is the lemon honey brew a personal recipe? Or a recipe from the net that youre making your own tweaks to? Is it all grain or kit? I would assume all grain since youre "trying to perfect" it.

P.S. Parrot, what equipment are you working witb out of curiosity?

Is the lemon honey brew a personal recipe? Or a recipe from the net that youre making your own tweaks to? Is it all grain or kit? I would assume all grain since youre "trying to perfect" it.

P.S. Parrot, what equipment are you working witb out of curiosity?

Its a recipe I found online that Im messing with....last first batch had a bit to much lemon and not enough honey for my taste.

I have 2 6 1/2 gallon carboys and several 5 gallon buckets.

I picked up 4 more kits the other day hoping to brew atleast 2 of them up tomorrow.

Man, 4 kits! That's a lot of beer. I bottled up 52 Honey Hefeweizens today. I wish the 2 week wait was over now and this beer was ready to drink. The lemon honey brew definitely sounds like something I would like to try out.

Man, 4 kits! That's a lot of beer. I bottled up 52 Honey Hefeweizens today. I wish the 2 week wait was over now and this beer was ready to drink. The lemon honey brew definitely sounds like something I would like to try out.

Yep its a lot but crappy part is I havent had a chance to brew any of it yet....jobs interfer with so of what I want to do.

The lemon honey is good, I will post it or send it to you if you want.

Stopped by there yesterday morning and he was closed. Looks like I will be headed that way in a week or so , I'll try to catch him again. Thanks again for the info.

Latest posts

Back