Hello from Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wihophead

Reaction score
I just realized I never introduced myself. I found this board thanks to Google.

I haven't started brewing yet. I am in the reading and learning stage right now and my neighbor and myself plan to start brewing when it cools off here a bit and we have a little more time. In the mean time I have been reading all the threads that perk my interest and that has quite a few.

Anyway I am a Journeyman Industrial electrician, I specialize in controls and PLC programming and my main hobbies are computers and setting up and managing vBulletin forums.

Hopefully I can share some of my skills in turn for your vast brewing knowledge...

Well back to reading and enjoying a Goose Island Oatmeal Stout...:mug:

Erik

Well hophead don't feel bad. I joined this forum in December of 2005 and just lurked until about three months ago. I just soaked it all up for a while before I was ready to jump in.

I'm a 4th year apprentice carpenter. Journey out next year!:D

:mug: From where in WI are you? I live near FdL and there are a LOT of Cheeseheads on this board. Lots of good info and good cheer to be found here.:mug:

Hey wihophead!

Makes since why you posted to my 'where do I get one of these?' Thread now!

Yup, I think electric skills definatly can help this hobby...

ENJOY!

Thanks for the welcome...:mug:

Bernie Brewer said:
From where in WI are you? I live near FdL and there are a LOT of Cheeseheads on this board. Lots of good info and good cheer to be found here.

Hello Bernie...I live in Racine

Welcome from another cheesehead. :mug:

I'm pretty new to this myself, but since I started it's been a non-stop blast of a hobby. I was just compiling my notes last night and realized that I've made 8 brews since my first one on May 24. Four of them are still fermenting/conditioning.

Best advice I can give is to just jump in. No better way to learn than by doing.

<goes back to sippin' on some New Glarus IPA>

Take a trip downtown and visit DP Wigley on Wisconsin Ave. Mark opened a Brew shop inside called Hop To It. He has a pretty good supply of most of what you need. He's a good guy too.

Oh ah ... Welcome.

Short Drive said:
Take a trip downtown and visit DP Wigley on Wisconsin Ave. Mark opened a Brew shop inside called Hop To It. He has a pretty good supply of most of what you need. He's a good guy too.

Oh ah ... Welcome.

I was actually going to try to get down there today but I had to do some work at my wife's Dad's house. Since they are open only until 5 during the week I am going to have to try again next Saturday...thanks for the heads up though.

Well winter is finally here and my neighbor and I finally made it down to the local HBS and we now have a extract Yorkshire Bitter in the fermenter for 12 days now and I have a Gallon of EdWort's Apfelwein fermenting for 4 days now...I wish I would have started this a long time ago!!!

Now we are trying to get everything together to go AG....I am negotiating a trade with one of the tool makers at work to make us a grain mill....LOL

Just warning everyone to be prepared for some questions...LOL
Well back to reading and thanks for all the great information...

Back