Hello from Virginia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetarisk

Reaction score
Hello! My names Erik and I'm a home brewing newbie. I've got two extract brews under my belt and still have a lot to learn. Glad this forums here, the advice has been absolutely invaluable so far!

Cheers!

Welcome!

I'm local to the area (DC), we've got a burgeoning brew scene and a number if local clubs that will introduce you other beer hobbiest and the beers they are brewing. I think NOVA has a number of clubs, and BURP (burp.org) is the oldest DMV area club.

You have found a great online repository here for beer knowledge.

-John

Sent from my iPad using Home Brelm?l ohm ,uo klo. on, 9? Pegou k Kym. N.ugvknb libbmj ff 47&&-- Jugehuh

Thanks everyone! Definitely would love to check out some local clubs and meet other like minded folks!

As mentioned, BURP is the granddaddy club (the oldest in the area, and one of the oldest in the country if I recall correctly) that's kind of everywhere in the metro area at once. There's the Wort Hogs who I believe are currently meeting in Herndon. GRIST meetings in Arlington. DC Homebrewers meets at various places in DC, and on occasion in MD and VA. I know there's NOVA Homebrewers too. Not sure exactly where they're meeting, but I want to say it's Sterling.

Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely will have to check out Wort Hogs or NOVA Homebrewers at there in my neck of the woods. I have a toddler so it's hard to venture out too far right now...

Latest posts

Back