Hello from VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorterTockMan

Reaction score
Hello All. Just joined yesterday. I've already learned a lot so far from the great people here. I've brewed 3 five gallon kits so far in the last two years, nothing spectacular but I want to get better. I also have a 1 gallon batch of mead fermenting right now. I hope to learn a lot more here. Thanks.

Welcome from Alexandria. There's plenty of knowledge to get your beers from ho-hum to spectacular here, so get to reading.

Welcome. I live in Sterling, VA. For those interested, there is a NoVA HomeBrew club that meets every third Thursday of the month in Sterling. I haven't been yet, gonna start next Tuesday. I am a newbie as well.

Newbie here as well!!

(Joel from Richmond, VA area)

Just got a kit from The Weekend Brewer.....need to get a pot and sanitize, then the brewing begins!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Where do you NOVA folks get most of your supplies and ingredients? What LHBS do you like best, or do you use online retailers mostly?

For local purchases, I go to myLHBS in Seven Corners, Va. (Falls Church). Online, I have used Midwest Supplies and Mr. Beer. This site will give you lots of feedback on different on-line places. Basically it seems all price driven and shipping charges based on where you live. Look for the shipping deals to help out.

I have been to the Flying Barrel once or twice, and to MyLHBS several times. Both are very helpful when they can be (not weekends, just too busy).

Online I like brewmasters warehouse. Orders usually ship that day or next and I get them in 2 days. They are in Atlanta I think.

I've been to MyLHBS once or twice. I've never heard of The Flying Barrel though. I'll have to check out brewmasters warehouse and Midwest Supplies.

I'm a noob, too.

Richmond,VA. here. I'm also looking to join a brewing club
I only have a 3-gal batch of mead and 3-gal batch of wine. I'm so new I'm not sure if the stuff I made is even drinkable! We'll find out in about 6 months, though. :D

Wow, all these Virginians, thats great!

I'm a noob, too.

Richmond,VA. here. I'm also looking to join a brewing club
I only have a 3-gal batch of mead and 3-gal batch of wine. I'm so new I'm not sure if the stuff I made is even drinkable! We'll find out in about 6 months, though. :D

Don't worry, I'm sure it's drinkable. Whether it's good or not is a different story;)

I currently have a 1 gal batch of Joe's Ancient Orange Mead fermenting right now. It's almost ready to bottle. Probably next week. Can't wait for that.

Latest posts

Back