Hello from Utah

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glin60

Reaction score
With the help of some friends in the area, I've gotten into brewing this year and have had a great time in the process. Between 5 or 6 of us, we've produced and consumed probably 20 batches in the past 6 months. So far, I've personally extract brewed a good dry-hopped pale ale and have an Oktoberfest lagering away, should be ready to keg in the next week or so.

So far, we've been pretty lucky with our batches, we really haven't had a bad one yet. Most of us are what I would consider novices, but we do have a couple of knowlegable "mad scientists" in our little group. I am looking forward to learning more about all-grain brewing, as it's something I'd love to get into. I've been reading John Palmer's "How to Brew" and I'm glad to be learning the science of beermaking.

If there are other "must reads" out there, let me know what to look for. I'll probably lurk around here fairly often, I have a forum addiction, so if your in the area, give me a shout!

:mug:

Andy

One other 'must read' I would recommend is Charlie Papazian's 'The Complete Joy of Homebrewing', the quintessential bible of homebrew... :tank:

Back