Hello from upstate New York!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborahjm

Reaction score
I am so much enjoying my first steps in mead making. I know one thing it is going to teach me is patience!! I have a hard enough time waiting for dinner to be prepared....waiting a year!?!?!?

I just started my first two batches of mead...one black mission fig and the other currant and fig. I did not use yeast, and am wanting to experiment with wild fermentations as well as yeasted ones.

I have been thinking about the next one and may begin it tonight....apricot sage!

I am glad there are forums like this one to keep me busy reading or I could be making a new batch every few days, and I don't have that much storage space!

It is difficult to imagine finally tasting my mead, finding out that I love it and having to wait another year to have it again!! I want to make bigger batches, though I am using what little control I have to wait until I have a better understanding of what I am doing!

Thanks for being here!

Hello from a fellow NY'er. I too just started a few 1 gal test batches of a traditional mead that I'm going to flavor in the secondary. Like you said, patience is the key. I've learned a lot from this site so far and I hope you can do the same. :)

Back