Hello from Twillingate, NL, Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I work as a bartender and brewer-in-training at the newly opened Split Rock Brewing Co. and it's taproom, Stage Head Pub, in Twillingate, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

I recently bought two 5-gallon extract kits from Everwood Ave Brew Shop one Halifax, Nova Scotia, an Extra Special Bitter and an American IPA. Our brewmaster Matt Vincent is allowing me to borrow some of his homebrewing equipment to get my feet wet. I know eventually I'm going to want to move on to all-grain brewing with my own equipment, so this looks like the place to be for information!

Looking forward to homebrewing and learning from other home brewers!

Welcome Alex, from a maritimer transplanted in Toronto! It was just a few months ago I decided to try to brew my own beer, did 5 extract w/ specialty grain batches and now have moved onto all-grain. It's a slippery slope my friend, enjoy!!

Appreciate the warm welcome everyone! 🍻 Looking forward to soaking up as much information as I can from all of you. You all seem like an intelligent, friendly bunch.

Welcome Alex, from a maritimer transplanted in Toronto! It was just a few months ago I decided to try to brew my own beer, did 5 extract w/ specialty grain batches and now have moved onto all-grain. It's a slippery slope my friend, enjoy!!

Nice to see another Atlantic Canadian on the board! What part of the maritimes did you come from if you don't mind me asking?

Our brewmaster spent a lot of time in Halifax learning to brew from places like Garrison, Propeller, etc. That's how I got connected to Everwood Ave Brew Shop from Halifax. I'm interested in other brew shops as well, and any place that sells quality brewing equipment. More local the better, but anywhere in Canada would suffice.

Right on! I grew up in Fredericton, but went to university in Halifax and lived in Saint John for 2 years too. Only been to Nfld once, was in Gander when I was about 13. There was an iceberg in the river in August :D

Back