Hello from the mountains in California!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyQuid

Reaction score
Hello there,
I am brand new into home brewing. A few guys I work with brew their own beer and I always thought it seemed like a cool hobby. I love beer so it just seems to make sense. Right now I have my first batch, a light Amber Ale from MoreBeer, in the primary for 2 week. It's ready to keg. I'm just waiting on my CO2 setup to arrive. (I hate waiting)
I had been pretty pessimistic about how my first batch would turn out until I took a gravity reading a few days ago and had a taste. For a warm, flat beer it was really good. Now I have been reading up about kegging and I can't wait till my new stuff gets here.
My setup is the very basic starter kit from MoreBeer. It will be fun to upgrade as I go, but it does the trick for now.

Cheers and thanks for all the great information!

Grats on your first brew and welcome to HBT. With friends that brew you will surly be in it for the long haul. Once that first batch is cold and carbonated, you will really see the rewards of your labor. happy brewing!

Welcome to the forums. Born and raised not far from you, Shafter. The best damn apples I have ever tasted were in Tehachapi.

Back