Hello From the middle of Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farwalker

Reaction score
Hello all
Already this forum has been a mass of great info, its helped me brew 3 rocking batches of beer so far so thank you all!
First few batches were an English Ale, a Corona knock off and an american steam.
Now I have an american lager and a honeyweizen brewing :rockin:
Are there any brewers here near ephrata/moses lake WA??

Farwalker

Nope, I'm on the wetter side without the rattle snakes. But, welcome aboard.

Thanks,could do without the snakes hehe Ive almost been tagged twice out here, miss the wetter side tho lived in portland for 4 years oh man are there some good brews out there! Love me some Hammerhead from Mcmenamins!

Hey man, I'm over here in Tacoma, but good to see some WA folks. I'm neew here my self, your about 2 up on me.

BTW-I perfer Terminator! Turns out that the old elks building(abandond for over a decade) has been bought by McMin's...looking forward to not having to drive to Oly for some Term.

Terminator is some rawkin brew too ale1 tho hammerhead is my favorite, I lived by the Mcmins in troutdale for a few years
oh man the smells that came from there made me wanna brew. Spent a good part of my days there in the basement pool hall
drinkin hammerhead and terminator shooting some pool with homies! I was literally close enough I could hit my back porch in a
lawn chair with a brew and listen to the concerts every weekend :)

Hey truckindad, there many good home brew suplies out there in spokane?? We have one in wenatchee over here tho the selection is pretty poor :'(

Oh ya no doubt ale1 everything they brew is pretty rawkin,you ever try any of their spirits?? The one in troutdale had whiskey they made oh man knock you on your a**!!

Bader's here in Vancouver has a good hammerhead clone recipe on file and on line. I will be up in ephrata around Christmas. Maybe we can trade some brew

Awesome!! Heck ya i dont know any brewers here locally so it would be awesome to trade some brew!! Just message me when it gets close ill give ya my info :)

Only one here in Spokane, and the selection isn't that great and the prices are too high and the service is too poor. The only time I go there is if I'm in a pinch, otherwise I order online.
There's a new one just across the border in Idaho that others have said good things about, but I haven't been there yet.

Well let me know when ya do visit it there,message me i would rather take some time and drive over if the selection and prices are right!! The one here in wenatchee has like 3 kits and maybe a few diff kinds of lme and one type of dme and no grains with a mini fridge of yeast and hops lol The 3 kits they do have are waay over priced, i think they want like 50 bucks for an american lager kit which is just rediculous! Dont even get me started on the price of the carboys...

Great to have another Cascadian on the site. You're lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Us mossbacks often forget how awesome the hoplands of the "other-other-Washington" are.

Great to have another Cascadian on the site. You're lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Us mossbacks often forget how awesome the hoplands of the "other-other-Washington" are.

True, Washington is an beautiful state. I still often find myself just staring off in the moutains day dreaming of my next brew session. :mug:

I am a part of Homebrewers of Puget Sound which is a Homebrew Club based out of The Beer Essentials in Lakewood if you guys are interested in beer clubs check us out at www.hopsclub.com. For anyone in the Thurston County I also know of a club the meets every second tuesday at a place near the olympia mall area.

I am a part of Homebrewers of Puget Sound which is a Homebrew Club based out of The Beer Essentials in Lakewood if you guys are interested in beer clubs check us out at www.hopsclub.com. For anyone in the Thurston County I also know of a club the meets every second tuesday at a place near the olympia mall area.

I've been hitting up The Beer Essential for 3 years now but never made it around to getting to a HOPS meeting. When do you guys meet?

Just joined today, I'm in Olympia (work in downtown, in fact). I'd love to hear more about this group in Thurston County.

Just joined today, I'm in Olympia (work in downtown, in fact). I'd love to hear more about this group in Thurston County.

Here's the site for the club that meets up in Olympia: South Sound Suds Society

The president's name is Kenneth Reister. PM me for his email address if you want it. At your first meeting, they will ask for $10 dues. They usually give away some door prizes, drink some home brew, and BS. They meet up at Skep & Skein on the second Tues of each month at 7PM.

I've been hitting up The Beer Essential for 3 years now but never made it around to getting to a HOPS meeting. When do you guys meet?

We meet every second friday of the month unless there is an event. This saturday they are having Teach a friend to homebrew day starting at 10am. You can just drop in and hang out. I wont be there is weekend because I made prior engagements. You should come by and hang out. Also being a member we have memer perks with TBE. During meetings we get 10% off anything and on non meeting days we get 5% off anything. There are annual dues. Rule of thumb come by if you like it sign up. I'll be the December meeting.

@ MonkeyWrench, do you attend the suds club? I haven't been to one of there meetings. Ken and Carl hit up the HoPS meetings also.

No, I've only been to one meeting, but I've been meaning to attend more. I'm in Hoquiam, so the 2hr round trip and the 2hr "meeting" is just a lot to squeeze into a Tuesday evening. I do get the emails and stay up on the happenings though.

Nice, I should hit them up sometime. I live in Lacey so its only about 20 min drive to the mall give or take.

Latest posts

Back