Hello from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LS1M

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a habitual lurker; there's rarely any information that I need that I can't find via a search, and there are many many people with better responses than me, so I rarely reply. Anyway, I'm Mark, I live in Texas, I've done 8 extract kits, and on the last one I got ticked off because I dropped the glass carboy and splayed 5 gallons of a $50 porter kit all over the garage floor. Since then, I've vowed not to do any more extract kits because they're just too darn expensive. My very first all-grain recipe is bubbling in my home office right now, and I'm very excited; 5 gallons of robust porter cost me just $22!

Anyway, "howdy y'all"
-Mark

Wow, three replies in 10 minutes. This place is "hoppin" (pun intended)
I'm going to post my first AG experience in the all-grain forum. It wasn't hard at all, actually. I used what I think is called "batch sparging" - filled up the MLT three times to get my wort. 84% efficiency, if my calcs are right.

Thanks. Homebrewers are friendly people. (Come to think of it, I've been really grumpy the last few days. It's probably because I ran out of homebrew. Hmmmm....)

EDIT: here's my post. It's kind of long - sorry, I type a lot.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/first-ag-batch-long-151369/

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a habitual lurker; there's rarely any information that I need that I can't find via a search, and there are many many people with better responses than me, so I rarely reply. Anyway, I'm Mark, I live in Texas, I've done 8 extract kits, and on the last one I got ticked off because I dropped the glass carboy and splayed 5 gallons of a $50 porter kit all over the garage floor. Since then, I've vowed not to do any more extract kits because they're just too darn expensive. My very first all-grain recipe is bubbling in my home office right now, and I'm very excited; 5 gallons of robust porter cost me just $22!

Anyway, "howdy y'all"
-Mark

Howdy from Lubbock:)

Back