Hello from Tempe AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

target4cactus

Reaction score
My son got me into this hobby last summer. (Leave it to my son to get me in to bad habits :)

Then he moved to California and left me with a 5 gal batch of mead, and I had no clue what to do with it. I discovered answers in the forums at this site. (I waited & racked & waited & racked and finally bottled it. Now we're waiting some more while it ages.

Gotta go -- I'm going to try my hand at an ale version of a dopplebock recipe.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

I am originally about 10 minutes from Tempe, what part are you at? I was just a little down south in Ahwatukee but now up to Flag for school.

Also... what kind of mead is it?

Hello hello - I'm in Chandler, AZ myself, got lucky with one of the only 4 houses in Phoenix with a basement.

And as I was not using it for anything, figured "what can I do in a basement with full plumbing and a constant temperature?"

Hello hello - I'm in Chandler, AZ myself, got lucky with one of the only 4 houses in Phoenix with a basement.

And as I was not using it for anything, figured "what can I do in a basement with full plumbing and a constant temperature?"

How cool does the basement stay in the summer?

If I lived in Phoenix & had a basement I'd try to circulate the air from my basement to the house somehow.

It's a half-basement, so it's only about 4-6 feet underground. Still a sight to behold in Arizona. We camped out there when the AC broke last summer. 115 outside, 95 upstairs, and a cool 80 in the basement. Ah yes, that was a loooooong week!

It stays cool, but never cool enough to stay happy in 115 degrees! Also has a full bathroom, which I took over and converted to my "fermentorium" - the tub makes it easy to keep a constant temperature.

Welcome target4cactus, there's a bunch of awesome people here that will answer any question you may have.

off subject: when are all of use going to get together for a brewout?

Back