Hello From Temagami Ontario Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyPuncher

Reaction score
Hi there, I haven't done any homebrewing since 1992 or so, I just recently got back into the sport. In the past I dabbled in all grain, Kegging and winemaking, (I also had a still, but we'll keep that a secret) I sold off all my equipment, and now am re-buying it a little at a time. I have brewed 3 batches of coopers lately, pilsener, and draught. the first two didn't turn out so well, I brewed them in culligan water bottles, my beer turned out dark and winey. I then realized that they were only 18l. not 23l. so, I bought a brew pail and am trying again. also the second batch I let sit in the airlocked jug for 2 weeks, transferred into a bottling bucket with 1 cup of priming sugar, and bottled. it has been 3 weeks now at 70*F and it is still flat as water. does anyone know if I can pour it in a pail, add some yeast, and re bottle it? I think I just let it sit too long, it was crystal clear when I bottled it, so I believe the yeast died, or fell out of suspension.

Back