Hello from Tampa, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BishopBrews

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Bishop and I just started brewing a week ago. I've been wanting to brew since a few years ago; reading a few books here and there. I finally took the plunge and I'm loving it! I have two beers racked right now: A pretty standard Brown Ale and an original concoction of what's supposed to be a darker blood orange cinnamon hefeweizen. Anyways, I'm pretty outgoing and would love to meet more of you guys and talk about your stories and brews. Even though i'm a newbie, i'm pretty passionate about brewing (as my friends can already tell you, haha) and have longshot dreams of opening a snugpub someday. Well, hope to meet you all soon!

Bishop

Hey Bishop - I've just joined myself. What area of Tampa are you in? You can find me in Town 'n Country during the day and in New Tampa in the evenings.

Cheers!

- Chris

Hey Chris, I'm actually over in Palm Harbor, Northern Pinellas Area. I just started brewing myself last saturday. How did your first brew day go? Let me know.

Bishop

Bishop-

I used to live in Carrollwood area. But after living in Anchorage and visiting again, Im glad im not there anymore!

Hey Bishop and fellow Florida brewers!

This is Jeff in Tampa (Westchase area) checking in! I too have done my fair share of reading on the subject and finally took the plunge into brewing my first batch...a Nut Brown Ale that is currently in the bottle conditioning stage. Next up, a clone of New Belgiums Fat Tire Amber Ale! Anyway, I look forward to more discussions with you all on the boards.

Jeff

So I gotta ask the question...anyone here a member of Tampa Bay BEERS or Dunedin Brewers Guild? TB BEERS is meeting at Mr. Dunderbacks in Univeristy Mall next Tuesday 2/5 - I was thinking of dropping by and seeing what it was all about.

BTW...I started my first batch Monday night - EdWort's Apfelwein. It's chugging along long nicely, airlock's burping every couple of seconds. I think I'll be ordering a minimash sweet stout kit from AHB next week and some more supplies.

Chris

hi ya, another tampa home brewer here. i just started about a month ago and i have 2 brews in the bottles aging. i have a cherry wheat on deck next then i want to try some of that sweet apfelwein. well just thought i'd say hi. can't wat to try to brew during the summer.:mug:

I was thinking of stopping by the next Dunedin Brewers meeting, I think it's on the 21st of february, you can get details on their site if you're interested.

ohh yeah forgot to mention if you need any help when you open your brewpub i work for cheap. cheers.

-nick

Hey man,

I'm about an hour from tampa, but I thought I'd jump in and say hey. Especially since there're since there's no Lake Wales threads! Anyway, I'm new too. Gonna bottle my first batch sunday. I actually got all my equipment from the Brew Shack in Tampa, and the recipe for One Night Stand Pale Ale. We should see about getting smoe local guys together, because I know it would help to see other people's set ups and procedures. Take it easy bud!

Afternoon everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I live in South Tampa and have been extract brewing for a little over a year. I am extremely interested in moving to all grain, but looking for some advice on building versus buying a system. Look forward to speaking with y'all.

So I gotta ask the question...anyone here a member of Tampa Bay BEERS or Dunedin Brewers Guild? TB BEERS is meeting at Mr. Dunderbacks in Univeristy Mall next Tuesday 2/5 - I was thinking of dropping by and seeing what it was all about.

BTW...I started my first batch Monday night - EdWort's Apfelwein. It's chugging along long nicely, airlock's burping every couple of seconds. I think I'll be ordering a minimash sweet stout kit from AHB next week and some more supplies.

Chris

1st off WELCOME!

Wesley Chapel here.

2nd...Mr. Dunderbaks moved. They're in the New Tampa Area off of Bruce B. Downs.

http://www.dunderbaks.com/

Hello Tampa Area brewers! I've been extract brewing for a year now. In way deep! In Land O Lakes here! I have a blood orange hefe that will be ready in two weeks. Who wants to join me for a home brew?

Hey Bishop, and all the others,
First off, Welcome! Just north of you in Spring Hill. Anyone ever go to International Beer Garten http://www.ibgtampa.com on 54 right by the Suncoast? Great place with a massive amount of taps and bottles from all over the place. Real easy to try something before you decide to brew a batch.

Welcome,

Sounds like a plan. I'm not to far from you. Let me know when it is ready for some sampling

Back