Hello from Tacoma, WA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybrinks

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been lurking around for a few months trying to learn as much as possible. I'm a little slow....! so thanks in advance for all the help.https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/smilies/drunk.gif
I am a rookie...I have brewed about 5 or 6 batches of extract and am now moving to all grain. I have been working on a brew rig for a couple of months... Just collecting and searching. I am a fountain install tech/service technician for Pepsi Bottling Group. So i do have some experience with moving liquid around and carbonating it....But this beer thing is still a little new to me.

I have put together a rig of sorts, using an old BIB (bag in Box) soda rack. They are modular racks that hold the BIB's for soda systems in Taco Bell's. KFC's, etc... I welded some cross bracers to support the keggles, and mounted 2 huricane burners that I bought from Northern Brewer.

I Just did my first test boil....it took 70minutes to bring 10 gallons to a boil on my rig. I am only doing 5 gallon batches to start with...I just wanted to test the burners. So it should not take quite as long to get my water up to temp.

I ordered a cream ale all grain kit from northern brewer along with some equipment to start out with.... So I will let you know how it goes once I brew it up..

Anyhoo...I am just a rookie...and am looking forward to being involved with a group of folks who are interested in brewing.

Thanks for your help and any future input your give.
****I have Pics...but I can't figure out how to include them in thread***

Check out my gallery for my rig if interested

Back