Hello from Sunny Cleveland Ohio!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arglesnaf

Reaction score
Hi, I am Arglesnaf, and am a jack of all trades geek which means I am probably two years from building a crazy home brew rig like I see here. While SWMBO is a beer geek, I think I'll need to space out the spend.

I have built a Keezer, but am only on my third batch of home brew. Cleveland is a fantastic beer town so brewing my own simultaneously is exciting and disappoints me about all the pints I won't drink outside the house. 5 brewery's within half a mile on West 25th this summer, plus Bier Markt Belgian beer house. I have also done probably 15 Winking Lizard World Tours. My wife even convinced them to sponsor me for Master Cicerone

I started off with a Williams kit my neighbor bought for me, and have already begun adding and swapping components.

My future projects include a 12ft bar in front of the growing basement brewery, an immersion boiler, and probably a beer engine unless I convince myself I can deal with the prices. (can't get any of the bastards selling commercial ones used to ship to the states.)

Sunny,windy & -9F here in Sheffield. Haven't been able to brew this month. but I have an old,large printer stand I re=purposed as a fermenter stand & storage unit. Nothing fancy,but it works as I'm still bottling. Good brewing weather fore sure!:mug:

Welcome! I'm a couple hours to your west but I'm pretty familiar with the Cleveland area. I still have yet to get to the Great Lakes Brewing Company and they're one of, if not my favorite, breweries, so eventually I need to get there.

On the weather...I was out in the garage last night with a temp of -15 outside, wind chill of -40, and I swear to you, I actually thought "I could probably still brew in this." Brewed my RIS on New Year's Day and I'm about due to get another beer going soon as I have a keg that should blow any day now and open up one of the two spots in the fridge.

Sunny,windy & -9F here in Sheffield. Haven't been able to brew this month. but I have an old,large printer stand I re=purposed as a fermenter stand & storage unit. Nothing fancy,but it works as I'm still bottling. Good brewing weather fore sure!:mug:

Yeah, the weather has been pretty nuts. I know Sheffield, Mother in law lives in Westlake. Plus you have a great outdoors store there. I am on the Broadview \ Richfield border.

-30F with windchill in Columbus last night. Guess I'll have to hold off on brewing for a while

My house has a gas dryer, but an electric stove. Can't figure that one out. Haven't broke out the turkey fryer burner yet, I just wait for it to get hot enough on the stove thus far, but I definitely need a new method.
I guess I'm lucky that I don't get any crap for brewing inside =)

Welcome! I'm a couple hours to your west but I'm pretty familiar with the Cleveland area. I still have yet to get to the Great Lakes Brewing Company and they're one of, if not my favorite, breweries, so eventually I need to get there.

On the weather...I was out in the garage last night with a temp of -15 outside, wind chill of -40, and I swear to you, I actually thought "I could probably still brew in this." Brewed my RIS on New Year's Day and I'm about due to get another beer going soon as I have a keg that should blow any day now and open up one of the two spots in the fridge.

All of W25th is great, and GL and Bier Markt are two must visits if you can make it. - Assuming you dig Belgian beers as much as I do =)

I also have friends in Bowling Green, so I vaguely know your area too.

Back