Hello from southern Arizona!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Sarber

Unindicted Co-conspirator
Reaction score
Hello to everyone here. I've been brewing for 6 or 7 months, but I'm new to this forum.
I was planning on brewing up a quadrupel today, but it's 114° outside, so that's going on the back burner for now. Have an experimental tripel in the fermenter in a temp controlled freezer, and figured the fermentation temps are the same, so I could fit another one in there. Ah well.
I am a semi retired aircraft mechanic, living about 30 miles northwest of Tucson, Az. I only work about 2 to 3 months a year, so have plenty of time for experimental brewing. Not anything weird, I stick to the classical styles, but try to make my own version of them.
I really enjoy good beers, but they're hard to find, so I brew my own!

Yeah, I used to live in Cloquet when I was kid, and loved it! I went up there again about 2 years ago, and it is much changed. They even built a freeway through my blueberry patch!

Yeah, I used to live in Cloquet when I was kid, and loved it! I went up there again about 2 years ago, and it is much changed. They even built a freeway through my blueberry patch!
Welcome to the forum, I only made a mead but these folks ended up convincing me to go all grain. Now its an addiction, I have to give away beer in order to brew or be a beer elf as my nieces husband calls me.
Freeway, are you talking I35? If so you have been gone a long time, that's been there since the late 60s. Originally from Moose Lake so I know Cloquet a bit.

Yes, my dad was in the Air Force, and stationed in Duluth. He got orders to Vandenberg AFB in the summer of 1969.
Don't know if it's I35 or not, crosses the St. Louis about a half mile east of what used to be the papermill, now it's some company that makes particle board.
And whatever road it is, it's right through my blueberry patch!

yep that is I-35 where it crosses the river. If you come up here again be careful, they put a round-about where you come off the highway and the old farts back up sometimes in the middle of the round-about if they miss the 'spoke' they wanted so they can take the one they wanted.

Back