Hello from SF Bay Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just about ready to bottle my first home brew - used an IPA recipe borrowed from the nice folks at my LHBS (an extract brew with steeped grains). I am so darn excited to try it (patience... i know, I'm trying)!!!!!! I've pulled some really great tips from this forum and I'm currently digging through the recipe threads to find the next home brew to try. So, I figured the polite thing to do was join up and introduce myself :mug:

Thanks!

hey there! i recently started myslf (about to brew my 5th - 2nd all grain). Im in The SF bay area as well. What LHBS did you go to?

Hey xdalisx. I go to brewmaster in San Leandro. They have a pretty good selection (although no simcoe or cascade in stock last time I was there (was told there is a nationwide dry spell). I live in San Mateo, on the Peninsula, so pretty much right in the center of the 3 home brewer supply stores that I know of (in SF, SJ and San Leandro...all of them equally far away). Where do you go?

If you get a chance, you should check out More Beer, one in Concord and also near Palo Alto.

Bay area is awesome though. Plenty of options.

I'll probably give the one in Los Altos a try since I work in Palo Alto. I didn't know about the More Beer locations... thanks a bunch for the tip man!

Turns out it's in Los Altos(basically Palo Alto). I haven't been to that location yet, but the Concord showroom is amazing. They have everything it seems lol.

The guys at the B3 shop in Los Altos are great. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Like all of the B3 stores though, inventory is hit and miss, call ahead first.

I also wouldn't get hooked too strongly on simcoe or amarillo; both were available, but ~$7/oz when I was last there :).

I work in the east bay (live in Pacifica) so I go to Oak Barrel, they have had everything I needed so far and are super helpful/knowledgable. Also been to sf brewcraft.... Weird little store

Hey there, checking in from Newark.

There are many choices around here for brewing supplies.
I know that there are stores with HBT members on staff or owners.

Oak Barrel in Berkeley and Hoptech in Dublin come to mind.
The B3 guys in Los Altos are nice, but having to kick things out of the way to get at products is a bad thing. they need a bigger space.

Welcome to the best pass time around . i would agree i go almost exclusively to more beer in los altos ,they have a ton of stuff and for me living in pacifica it takes about as long and its a bit more sorted out. brew on!

Back