Hello from Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenspeed

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while and getting some knowledge and now I've decided to dive into the hobby, so I thought I'd register and say hello.

My wife brought home a Mr. Beer (I guess a lot of posts start that way). I let it sit for about a half a year before she finally got frustrated and gave it away. At the time I was pretty occupied doing other things and I sort of figured I would get around to it...yeah, that didn't happen. Anyway, shortly after that I got really into making sausage, then bread, then cheese, and I got curious about beer. I asked her what happened to the Mr. Beer because I wanted to give it a try. She still hasn't quite forgiven me. She got me a new one and I made a few batches. I know that some people here really sneer at Mr. Beer, but it does light a spark. It helped me decide to dive into the hobby headfirst.

I'm currently working on building a full setup. Right now Mr. Beer is being used to make cider for my wife, and I think it'll probably stay that way.

Welcome to the forum!

Yeah its funny how many people look down on Mr.Beer. Is it good beer? No.....Or at least I haven't had a good one yet myself. But the reality is, it is probably the single biggest sample drug long term homebrewers come from. I mean besides HBT!

Cheers
Jay

Hey there Tenspeed. As a fellow Pacific Northwesterner and a noobie to brewing, welcome! :)

Back