Hello From Scotland :D

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chossy

Reaction score
Hey folks, just moved onto all grain and have got some really good advice from reading the forum cheers folks.

2 batches on the go... first one I can't remember what I bought : / second batch is as follows.

4.00 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter
0.50 kg Vienna Malt
0.50 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt
0.25 kg Chocolate Malt
30.00 g Fuggles [4.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min
30.00 g Saaz [4.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min
12.00 g Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] - Boil 10.0
10.00 g Fuggles [4.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min
1.0 pkg Safale American 05

See how they get on,

The first one smells a touch grainy... too hot in the tun I gather, but it's out the secondary now and in bottles, I had a good hum (smell) of the secondary fermetor and although still a bit grainy not as bad as before certainly not offensive. OG 1.032 :( but FG was .002 as it went into the bottle :D It will be a golden ale thing

The second one is going to be a hoppy brown thing, smells amazing, I got my mash / sparge technique a little more honed for this one and it's looking good OG 1.046 :D It's bubbling away quite happily.

Both 20 litres.

Cheers.

Fàilte gu HBT, that looks like a good dark mild, let us now how it turns out

Sláinte! guys.

Can't wait to get cracked into these puppies he he. 1st one is probably going to be pretty forgettable but the second one should be good.

A wee update.

Well the first batch was a bit rubbish too grainy too hot in the mash and also I kept the lid on the boil!!! However I'm still drinking it he he occasionally one or two bottles aren't too bad so thats ok.

Second batch.... AMAZING!!!! it's like a mild porter really good wee drop. All my pals love the second one, so I'm glad I kept the recipe for that one :) really happy with that one, I'm getting pretty good at the process very organised everything goes pretty well now.

Back