Hello from San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric_B2B

Reaction score
Hello all--my company just joined HBT as a sponsor (intro thread here) but I've also been homebrewing since January of last year. Thus far I've kept it simple with extract recipes and bottling but at some point I plan to progress on to partial mash (or all grain) and kegging. My latest batch was a black IPA which will be ready to drink in about a week, and my other recent ones have been a saison, a pumpkin ale, and a coconut coffee porter.

However, since moving back to San Diego a year ago I've found that my motivation to brew has dropped quite a bit. With so many good breweries and taprooms within a 15 minute radius from me I've leaned more towards sampling everything that's out there rather than sitting on 5 or 6 gallons of a single beer. So if anyone is in the San Diego area and interested in bottle trades please contact me and we'll figure out who's brewing what and what you'd like to trade for.

Welcome aboard! I'm just over the mountain in Yuma but try to spend a lot of the summer on your side so it's actually enjoyable. I'm deploying but would be stoked to trade beers once I get back and up and brewing again some time after the new year. I love IPA's and plan on knocking out the NB Dead Ringer kit first. Stick with it, you'll be glad you did and I know there are ALOT of Homebrewers in the SD area. Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using The tears of Viking fans.

I've held off on making an IPA thus far just because there's so many great ones to choose from around here...in general I've tried to make stuff that isn't so readily available. Keep me posted on when you start up with brewing again or if you're hitting any breweries on your trips here.

I noticed the Beer Army logo in your avatar--are you affiliated with those guys? We sold some custom openers to them awhile back but for some reason they didn't end up selling too quickly...very surprising seeing how the few other military-affiliated breweries we work with burn through them in a hurry.

Bullets2Bandages!!! Im still loving the .50 cal bottle opener from you, keep up that work! I have a session IPA that just finished bottle conditioning that i really enjoy, it was only my third brew and first all-grain, if you're willing to try it out!

Bullets2Bandages!!! Im still loving the .50 cal bottle opener from you, keep up that work! I have a session IPA that just finished bottle conditioning that i really enjoy, it was only my third brew and first all-grain, if you're willing to try it out!

Sure thing--coming down this way anytime soon, or do you want to do a mail swap?

Welcome to the group, one of your openers is on my "wish list" for a future gift, great cause, incredible product.

I was just in SD, too many great breweries to see, though I am not suffering here in CO :mug:

Only affiliated in the sense that they are fellow Marines and I will do what I can to promote the heck out of them!:). So you make those .50 cal bottle openers?

Only affiliated in the sense that they are fellow Marines and I will do what I can to promote the heck out of them!:). So you make those .50 cal bottle openers?

Ah ok....I was a Marine myself from 2004-2011 (3/3 and MCRD San Diego) and we continue to do a lot of work with veteran charities like the Travis Manion Foundation, MARSOC Foundation, 31Heroes Project, Wounded Wear, etc.

Yep, we do the .50 caliber openers which you may have seen online or at the Yuma MCX or the few dozen breweries we sell through. We've also done unit sales for mess nights and birthday balls if anything like that would be of interest to you.

Semper!! Just saw em in the gun case at the PX yesterday. Will get one once I get back from deployment. Thanks for all your work with the charities.

Back