Hello from SA, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseRC

Reaction score
Just a very noob from San Antonio. Just brewed up a B3 Stout extract and a clone Partial Mash Blanche de Chambly witbier.

Very, very satisfied with both. I'm just itching to start doing all grain. I got a 36 qt cooler i turned into a mash tun. I got my kegerator collared and ready and a fermenting cooler too.

I really can't believe how much better each day passing contributes to my beers. I love the variations in brewing that everyone has. Just about anything goes, as long as we keep it sanitized, it looks like all beers will be drinkable. I can't say the same for some of the beers i've bought off the shelves of Walmart and HEB.

I sure wish there were more local homebrew shops available and more Brewing clubs. I see great potential in San Antonio. Maybe someday me and the wife will retire and open up a coffee shop and brew shop.

This club is great and I hope to contribute back some day.

How far away are you from Austin? There is Austin Homebrew Supply, who has a killer reputation. Welcome to the forums, I'm glad your beers are continuing to improve.

welcome to the forums and the world of homebrewing. i just moved to the san antonio area. i am also looking for a homebrew club and a local brew pub to hang out in. Austin Homebrewing Supply is a great asset to the area i've been there twice and will be making monthly stops up there. if you get any intel on a club or a pub give me a shout. :mug:

-nick

I moved to San Antonio about two years ago. I found a LHBS off of 281 and N. St. Mary's. It's not much to look at, but I got some basice stuff from there a couple of weeks ago. I haven't treaded up to Austin to buy supplies yet, but I can see how it would be worth the trip.

AHS is in the northern part of Austin, so driving there is about 2 hours away. You can't beat the 6.99 shipping, I'd spend that much just going across town. I've already used them 3 times. There is also KegConnection in San Marcos. The guys there are really nice and you can't beat there keg setups. One of the guys actually delivered my first order directly to my house cus he was in town picking up some inventory of regulators. Yes I've also been to Homebrew Supply store on St. Mary's, I agree it needs some better stocking up and clean up, otherwise it's great place to pick up a few ingredients, parts and a pint of beer. There's the Blue Star brewery on Alamo, they don't sell homebrew but do brew up some nice beers.

Back