Hello from RI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troubs

Reaction score
Just wanted to finally say hi. I have been lurking on these boards for the last two weeks just soaking in all the info I possibly can before I dive face first into the homebrew scene. The setup that I plan on running is this one from Midwest Supplies (was steered to that one from the posts here). After my first batch I am sure that I will have to resist all urges to spend my entire paycheck on equipment and supplies!
During my "sponge phase" I have had the chance to read Palmer's How to Brew book twice and watch just about every video on the net regarding brewing at home. This along with the wealth of info on this board has given me the confidence to go for it myself!
I may need some hand holding for my first couple batches but I promise to return the favor someday! Thanks again!

Welcome to the obsession from a Lil' Rhody transplant. Seeing as how you are in Woonsocket you have to check out Blackstone Valley Brewing. Steve is awesome and can get you set up with all the equipment and ingredients you need in no time, plus he is super helpful and loves teaching new brewers.

Welcome from Norton, Ma! (from Warwick originally)

It's a great site and you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting any advice you need or even finding folks that are local. It seems like five people a day join this baord from either Mass or Rhodey

I am new here myself. I have all ready picked up a ton of good info from this site, and look forward to learning and sharing more. The new management at Basement Brewha in Providence is pretty good also, once they get settled in they should be pretty well stocked. Good luck with your first brew, remember, the best beer in the world is the one you make. :ban:

Thanks Guys. I have heard wonderful things about the Blackstone Valley Brewing Supply but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. How are the prices as far as their starter kits go? Like I said, I'm leaning heavily towards the two carboy set up from Midwest but if they'll be cheaper then I will be more then happy to support the local HBS. I actually live within 10 minutes walking distance from the place and never noticed it until last week! Go figure! It amazing what you begin to notice when you have brewing on the mind. I went to Lowe's this weekend and got sidetracked just walking around and imagining all the stuff I could build for brewing! I had to regroup and pull myself out of there with my wallet and credit intact before I got ahead of myself.

The prices at BVBS will most likely be more than midwest supplies, however you need to consider three things. 1. shipping 2. time 3. knowledgeable support. While I have only been to BVBS once the wealth of knowledge I weaned from Steve, the owner was incredible. With concerns of time you could walk down there this afternoon buy your starter kit & ingredients, get knowledge you wouldn't have otherwise, and have your first beer in the fermentor by midnight!

-Nathan-

Thanks for the support guys. I think I'll head over there tomorrow to check it out and knowing me, I'm sure that I'll be back with everything I need to make my first batch! More to come!

Thanks for the support guys. I think I'll head over there tomorrow to check it out and knowing me, I'm sure that I'll be back with everything I need to make my first batch! More to come!

Welcome aboard. I believe the store is closed this week for Holiday vacation and will re-open Saturday although you should call to be sure. Also don't forget that you will probably pay in the area of $35 to have that kit shipped to you. There is no free lunch. ;) :mug:

Latest posts

Back